Are you an entertaining type seeking the best sound output device that can complement your audio-visual appliances? Or maybe you enjoy music and wish to get an appliance that can reflect the lyrics from the sound source properly. Worry no more as we have brought to you, the use of subwoofer.
What Is A Subwoofer?
The subwoofer is a sound output electronic appliance capable of transmitting low-frequency bass sounds in home theater, contrary to the woofer that emits high sounds. This appliance produce quality sound and can be placed in any location where the sound can reach you based on your preference.
How To Determine The Best Place To Position The Subwoofer
Subwoofer produce low-frequency sound that are well blended and high quality. To know the exact place to position the subwoofer, you are advised to place the subwoofer in one place in your room and play a high frequency sound.
You will then move around the room to determine where the subwoofer sound best. The place where you hear the bass best is the ideal of place to position the subwoofer. After this, the next thing is to determine whether you should remain the subwoofer on the floor or keep it on a furniture.
Best Place To Position The Subwoofer
There are different views and thought on this and after our series of intensive research we are happy to inform you that that the best place to position your subwoofer is behind the couch. This is because there are more benefits embedded in doing so.
How To Place Subwoofer Behind Couch.
When you are about to place your subwoofer behind the couch, the following things should be addressed.
- Carefully connect the subwoofer and the interconnecting cable together using electrical plug.
- Make sure the length of the plug reaches the subwoofer to enhance proper connection. Although recently, some wireless subwoofer have surfaced. These subwoofers are easier to connect without using plug.
- Keep the sound source closer to the subwoofer to avoid irregular output of sounds. This is because subwoofer produces low-frequency bass that moves in different direction.
- While you remain behind the couch, hold the subwoofer and other sound source in different positions and play sound.
- Ask someone to sit down on the same couch and ask about the person about the vibration level.
- Make sure you distance it from the floor because the more the subwoofer is distanced from the floor the lesser it vibrates.
- Through this, you can capture the best place to permanently place the subwoofer at the back of the couch.
- Lastly, be watchful on the connection as it must not be too close or far from the couch. It must also turn back against the wall or corner to avoid reduction is audibility.
Benefit of Placing Subwoofer Behind the Couch.
There are many benefits for placing subwoofer behind the couch. They include:
- Production of quality sound that are sharp, well blended, and clear.
- It helps to bringing down the vibration that may arise from listening to music.
- It makes the room look fascinating by not occupying more space.
- It also helps to complement the sound produced by home theater and other sounder source by integrating 3D bass to it.
Reasons For Placing The Subwoofer Behind The Couch And Not On The Floor.
Although subwoofer is an important part of the home theater and some people prefer putting it on the floor. Based on our findings and experience, we strongly advise you to go against this method especially if you’re allergic to vibration. This is because more vibration will be produce when this appliance is switched on which may pose a serious threat to your life.
In most cases, the vibration even goes beyond your room especially if the floor is a furniture type. You can see how many lives you are about to affect aside yours.
In addition to this, low-frequency produced by subwoofer leads to the emission of sounds in all directions. This will reduce the quality of the sound and it may also harm the air upon the sound falling it. But if it is located behind the couch, this sound will be capture by it.
You can see the difference between the two options now.
After this, it is left for you to decide whether to place it on a bare floor, or behind a furniture like table, desk, couch and many more. However, we have chose couch in this article as it is the best place to place the subwoofer.
From our experience and research, we discovered that placing the subwoofer in the best place play a significant role in subwoofer sound production. However, placing the subwoofer behind the couch is very significant and is the best place because it helps to produce quality bass sound and less vibration.
It also makes the room look more organized and fascinating. To complement your sound effect, you can however moderately position your couch closer to the corner of the wall.