The Smartwatch is an ultimate accessory of smartphones. It makes it easy to always stay connected with your smartphone. Interestingly, smartwatches have evolved from traditional wearable to a more suitable device for this century. Smartwatches with integrated technology such as waterproofing from the likes of Apple, Google, Fitbit, and Samsung are now available. However, choosing the best waterproof Smartwatch can be overwhelming.
If you are someone with active lifestyles and want the best waterproof Smartwatch our product reviews and buying guide will help you make a smart choice. Read on!
How to Choose the Best Waterproof Smartwatches in 2021
There are some underlying factors and features you need to consider when picking the best waterproof Smartwatch. It is advisable not to neglect the smallest elements because it might hold vital importance. The essential factors and characteristics that can help you select the perfect choice for you are:
Compatibility with your smartphone
Make sure you check a Smartwatch before going for it because not every Smartwatch are compatible with every handset. Ensure your smartphone is compatible with the device. The operating system of your smartphone will dictate the one you should go for.
Water resistance rate
The rate of water resistance varies from one waterproof Smartwatch to the other. The water-resistance rate can range from 30 meters to 300 meters. If you will not be swimming or taking shower with your watch you can go for water-resistant Smartwatch of 30 meters. But if you will like to dive, swim and take a shower with your watch a waterproof of 50 meters and above is the perfect option.
Some smartwatches have rotating bezels or side buttons to navigate around while most have touchscreens which allow you to operate like your mobile phone. Regardless, the performance of your Smartwatch would not be affected. But the ease of use could be impacted. Touchscreen device makes it easier to navigate, and input numbers or text.
Everyone wants a device with long-lasting battery life so it can serve for long. The model of a Smartwatch would determine how long it lasts. Most of the smartwatches available on the market use a rechargeable battery. Note that, the battery of a device with advanced sensors and large screens tend to run out quite faster than one with small screens and fewer features.
Some smartwatches has exercise-logging features are trackers for fitness while some have advanced features. For the best waterproof Smartwatch you can check for heart rate sensors, workout activity, duration, and distance, sleep monitor, swim-tracking with IP×8 waterproof recommended, GPS tracking, calories burned and much more.
Most of the available smartwatches has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 3G connectivity. The latest connectivity from the world of smartwatches is 4G or LTE. This would allow you to text, call, and perform other tasks without your phone around. However, it is only available to a few smartphones at the moment.
You need to balance functionality with the look and feel. Some smartwatches look like a traditional watch while some have an ultra-tech look. Whatever your choice is, ensure you pick the one that looks nice on your wrist.
Note that the cost of a waterproof Smartwatch does not indicate its performance. However, you would be paying for advanced features by spending a little more. Some of the advanced features can be colored screen, designer decoration and brands, and premium materials.
Other features you can consider are voice commands option, customization, and support for media playback.
Top 15 Best Waterproof Smartwatches of 2021 Reviews
|1. Garmin Fenix 6 Pro||100 meters||5.0|
|2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2||IP68||5.0|
|3. Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch||IP68||4.9|
|4. Garmin vivoactive 4S, GPS Smartwatch||IP68||4.9|
|5. Apple Watch Series 5||IP68||4.9|
|6. Samsung Gear Sport Smartwatch||IP68||4.8|
|7. AMAY 023 Smart Watch 2020 Ver.||IP68||4.8|
|8. Amazfit T-Rex Military Standard Smartwatch||50 meters||4.7|
|9. Fitbit Versa Waterproof Smart Watch||50 meters||4.6|
|10. TagoBee Fitness Tracker TB11||IP68||4.8|
|11. TwobeFit Waterproof Fitness Smartwatch||IP67||4.7|
|12. Garmin Fenix 5||100 meters||4.7|
|13. Willful IP68 waterproof Smartwatch||IP68||4.6|
|14. LOKMAT Sports Waterproof Smart Watch||50 meters||4.3|
|15. Apple Watch Series 3||50 meters||4.5|
Garmin pro is designed for your assistance. You can become a higher performer after wearing this watch. It is a high-end GPS multisport smartwatch with beautiful aesthetics. The watch features almost 32GB onboard storage.
This watch is loaded with tracking features, such as TOPO US and Ski maps. It is a high-end version with manageable battery life. The Fenix Pro features 13 inches display with durable corning DX Gorilla glass.
Garmin has a new widget feature to add almost 6 complications for this product. It has five physical buttons for convenient navigation of small interface. Similar to other watches, it doesn’t have touchscreen support.
The Fenix 6 is similar to 5 plus to track your activities. It comes with different sensors, such as pulse OX sensor to track blood oxygen. This watch can monitor your heart ate while sleeping and acclimation.
It has tracking and safety features, such as LiveTrack. This watch enables you to invite others in training goals. Moreover, you can get the advantage of incidental fall detection. With the use of this clock, you can send your current location to emergency contacts.
- Rugged, stylish and compact design
- Long battery life
- An exclusive activity tracker
- Multisport smartwatch GPS
- 10ATM rated swim-proof
- Pulse ox sensor onboard
- TOPO US color and ski maps
- It doesn’t have loudspeaker and microphone
This Bluetooth-connecting is designed to track your steps and give you detailed knowledge of your fitness life. The Galaxy Watch Active2 is versatile and can be worn anywhere.
The Galaxy Watch Active2 is light in weight and comfortable. Also, it comes in different finishes and colors, so there is a variety to select from.
This item features a built-in sleep tracker to monitor your sleeping routine and ensure you get a good night’s sleep. Plus it watches your stress level and comes with an incorporated calm app.
- Features a long-lasting battery that can last for more than five days on a single charge.
- Made with solid aluminum or steel and is very durable.
- Accurate fitness tracking app to help you monitor your heart rate, daily steps, and all-around wellness.
- This watch is advertised as water-resistant, but this won’t work until you turn on the water lock setting.
- Sometimes, the calculation of calories and steps may not be correct.
This advanced smartwatch is designed to help you achieve a more fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Thanks to its EDA Scan app that inspects your body’s reaction to stress and has a built-in sensor that monitors your temperature. Also, it comes with a compatible EGG app that enables you to examine your heart and ensures you are living a stress-free life.
The Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch has a built-in GPS to see your pace and distance when going on hikes and runs. It also possesses the Amazon Alexa, which allows you to use your home appliances, and activate the features on the smartwatch with the use of your voice.
While asleep, the Fitbit smartwatch monitors your spO2 level and has a heart rate monitor to determine if you are below or above the average heart rate.
- Simple and straightforward to set up, and no assembly is required.
- Fit and finish are excellent and high quality
- Comfortable to wear.
- Features the GPS, which helps to determine your location when you are on the move.
- Battery life is drained quickly when the features are in use and App is slow and takes a long time to set up.
- Doesn’t come with a Google assistant or ECG.
Monitor your health with this all-around fitness and wellness smartwatch. Upgraded with features like GPS and indoor sports apps, easy to follow workouts routines, and you can easily download songs without having to listen to them on your phone.
You can stay connected to your phone as it comes with notifications for incoming calls, text messages, and the likes. Equipped with safety and tracking features, this smartwatch proves it is more technologically advanced than other ones available in the market.
There are various workout plans available, and it features Germin Coach, which helps you with your running and guides you to reach your race goal.
- Easy to use and set up.
- GPS tracking is accurate and has little to no issues at all.
- Has many useful features and applications.
- Features pre-programmed workout routines and also has heart rate and pulse monitoring.
- As a result of the features on the watch, the battery doesn’t last long.
- A bit expensive than other smartwatches with the same features.
Like all Apple products, the Apple Smartwatch is an advanced high tech fitness tracker with impressive features. Spotlighting an ECG app, Cycle tracking app, and Noise app, the apple watch series 5 facilitates a healthy and active lifestyle.
It is also swim-proof and has a built-in GPS to navigate your way as you run, cycle, or hike. In case of unexpected situations, there is an emergency SOS feature and also a fall sensor. One attractive part is its 18-hours battery life and water-resistant ability. This watch is designed with comfort and durability in mind.
- This is a high-tech watch to help you with fitness life and spotlights features that will help you develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Features an ECG app, Cycle tracking app, and Noise app.
- Has up to 18 hours of a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- As a result of the features on this smartwatch, the battery life drains very quickly.
- Expensive and may exceed your budget if you are looking for a cheap product.
The Samsung Gear Sports Smartwatch is swim-ready. It has a water-resistant of 50 meters. As one of the best waterproof smartwatches available on the market, you can shower, run in the rain and swim without taking it off. It features a sensor and GPS that track your activities, heart rate and calorie balance. The product includes Samsung Pay NFC compatibility. This gives you the opportunity to make payment with just a tap.
- It can control compatible appliances and devices
- Gives access to frequently used apps
- You can receive and respond to texts and calls
- Long lasting battery life
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones
- Easy to replace watch band
- Some users complain of inaccurate tracking of activities
This watch monitors your steps and distance roamed, calories burned, and sleep quality accurately. It also allows you to set up as many sport modes as allowed so you can track your different work out routines.
The smartwatch features a heart rate, blood pressure, and blood oxygen monitor and it is comfortable and lightweight. Also, the Smartwatch monitors and assesses your sleep time. This smartwatch is waterproof and can be worn to the pool, in the rain, and won’t get damaged by the water.
It comes with a stopwatch and timer to help you monitor your workout and the battery lasts up to 10 days after a full charge. Lightweight and durable, this watch is perfect for you if you want a fitness watch that can double as a regular waterproof Smartwatch.
- Long-lasting and durable battery.
- Waterproof and resilient.
- Spotlights unique features like the oxygen sensor, HR monitor, and BP monitor.
- Pocket friendly.
- Supports multiple sports types and can be used for different sports at the same time.
- May give inaccurate blood pressure and heart monitor ratings
- The application, VeryFitPro, is self-activated, and this can continuously drain the battery.
- Features like the sleep monitor and the steps monitor may not work the way they should due to miscalculations.
AmazFit T-Rex is a special smartwatch with a reliable and robust body. It can be a perfect companion for your outdoor activities. This watch has resistance to extreme ecological conditions. With 5ATM water-resistant, it features 14-sport modes for a healthy lifestyle.
As compared to other watches, this watch features a rugged design and a different look. The case comes with MIL-STD-810G durability. It has a removable strap made of silicone. This watch has a 1.39 inch bright AMOLED display with a 360×360 resolution.
It features a Gorilla 3 Corning glass and 5ATM waterproof design with almost 50 meters deep. You can dive or swim without removing this watch. Some extra features include Bluetooth 5.0, GPS+GLONASS, PPG heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, sedentary reminder, and pedometer.
The battery capacity of this smartwatch is 20 days, along with 66 days standby time. No doubt, it can be an excellent companion to track your fitness.
- Extensive battery life
- High-quality GPS tracking to track your fitness
- Water-resistant to almost 50m
- Heart rate monitors to measure your progress
- Military-grade features
- Set up takes more time
- Heart rate monitor may not be perfect
Added to its features is storage that allows you to store more than 300 songs. It means your favorite music can always go where you go. The Smartwatch has personalized on-screen coaching that direct you through each move. It features menus that give you access to weather, calendar, sports, text and some other apps.
Furthermore, the Fitbit Versa Waterproof SmartWatch has a built-in NFC chip that allows you to make secure payments. It features clock faces for all occasions.
- Downloadable favorite apps that make your watch experience more personal
- Offers reminders, personalized insights, and daily stats
- Provides instant access to the things that matter most to users
- Casual, slim, and comfortable to wear at all time
- Tracks heart rate 24/7
- More than 15 exercise modes available
- Some users complain about its long-term durability
- Compatible with Android only
This product features an upgraded IP68 deep waterproof. I love this feature because it allows you to wear the watch while sweating, swimming, and washing your hands. You can also dive with it. The Smartwatch has Bluetooth that allows you to connect with your smartphone. It ensures that you don’t miss calls, SMS and social media messages. Included is also an activity tracker that provides information about the calories burned, the number of steps you have taken and how far you have gone.
Adding to its features is the sensor that monitors, record and calculates blood oxygen, blood pressure, and heart rate. It can also track your sleep quality, duration and record deep light sleep. You can check the tendency of your sleep through the app and work on I proving your sleep quality. Another interesting feature the product has is dustproof that allows you to wear it in a dusty or rough condition.
The screen of the Smartwatch is 1.3″ IPS LCD full HD touchscreen. It ensures that you see the display clearly no matter the condition of use. The screen displays caller id and caller name. A strap that is breathable, ultra-soft, and fit for different wrist sizes is included. It features a battery having a capacity of 180mAh with about 2 hours of charging time.
- It is versatile and compatible with different models of phone
- Bracelet is replaceable, comfortable and adjustable
- The app is easy to download and connect with your phone
- It offers rich functions such as fitness tracking and heart rate and sleep monitoring
- Clear screen display
- No timer
- Users cannot increase the intensity of vibration
With the waterproof rating of IP67, you can swim, get caught in the rain, wash hands, and the Smartwatch would not damage. It features tracker that tracks your daily activities such as heart rate, fitness, and sleep time. The Smartwatch has 14 training modes that ensure you understand every activity data of yourself. Also, it features four clock faces that are customizable. I love this feature because it allows you to choose the style that suits your taste.
The product has a GPS integration that monitors your activities. It means you can quickly know where you are and where you have been. Calls and Texts alert is included to ensure you don’t miss a call or message during a workout or when you are busy doing something else. Added to its features is a Bluetooth 4.0 that allows you to connect with compatible smartphones. The product has a battery that requires 1-2 hours to charge and last 5-7 days for regular use.
- Excellent multisport tracking and fitness tracker
- Accurately monitors sleep and heart rate
- Widely compatible and decent battery life
- Comfortable to wear, easy to get on and off, and the band isn’t itchy
- Different color options are available
- Requires simple and hassle-free charging
- Some users complained that the heart rate monitor is not accurate
This is one of the best waterproof Smartwatch that is ideal for adventure and fitness. It features a scratch-resistant lens and waterproofing which has a water-resisting rating of 10 ATM. This feature provides the opportunity to submerge the device in water at up to 100 meters in depth. It means you can swim in deep waters, wash your hands, get caught in the rain, and sweat while wearing it. The product does not only feature sensors like a 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter, but it also has a GPS and GLONASS satellite reception. Included are stainless steel bezel, rear case, and buttons which make it fit for different adventure.
Garmin Fenix 5 features a high wrist heart rate technology that tracks and records your heart rate data. It has a widget that shows the progress and effects of your workout. Additionally, there are Garmin training features that make use of extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics. The features are Lactate threshold, VO2 max estimator, Stride length, Performance condition, and Cadence. This can help take your performance to a new level by improving your form.
The product has a transflective technology and 1.2” chroma display screen with LED backlighting which provides outstanding readability in all ambient conditions. The Fenix 5 connected features are personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and smart notifications. It also includes a Wi-Fi.
- Reliable performance and striking design that comes in all sizes
- It provides outstanding readability while running
- Tough, durable, and rugged making it a perfect companion for any adventure
- Offers option for customization and countless features and functions
- Long battery life
- The software can sometimes be buggy
The product features IP68 waterproof that allows you to wear it when swimming, washing hands, diving underwater and taking a bath. It has a 2.5D Arc HD screen that is scratch resistant. Its screen provides a full bonding processing and a capacitive touchscreen that respond faster to every touch. The Smartwatch is constructed with aircraft grade aluminum, stainless steel lugs, and metal plating. This feature makes it durable and lasts a long time.
A power button, built-in Mic and speaker are included making it possible to make calls comfortably. It also features a TPU interchangeable wristband which allows you to make changes in case you prefer a different style or want to replace it. The product has a sensor that monitors sleep, heart rate, fitness, and also has a pedometer, sedentary and drinks reminder functions. Another feature of the Smartphone is a 360 mAh lithium polymer battery that can be charged with USB cable for two hours. It has a use time of almost 1-2 days. Furthermore, the device has a calendar, calculator, stopwatch, alarm clock and remote control that control your phone camera and music.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones
- You can reply messages, make/answer calls, check call history and phone book
- Nice looking and high-quality
- The device can control the music playing on your phone
- iPhone can’t reply message, and Android phones can only answer message with the existing templates
With the features the LOKMAT Sports Waterproof Smart Watch displays, it is one of the best waterproof Smartwatch available on the market. The product features 1pcs CR2430 lithium battery that is built in it and provides 290mAh high capacity. With the battery, the watch can work for a year and two months. However, under energy-saving mode it can the battery life can be extended to two years and nine months. Its waterproof rating is 50meters (5ATM). This means you can take a bath, wash hands, and swim while putting it on.
Included is a Bluetooth 4.0 that allows you to connect with your iOS or Android device when you download the app on your phone. The multifunction Bluetooth waterproof Smartwatch has luminous dial, records and display walking distance, burned calories, and walking steps. Also, it features a remote camera that provides you with the opportunity of taking photos anywhere you go. Adding to its features is the call and message icon that makes a notification sound and keeps flicking when you have a call or message either text or social media messages.
Furthermore, the waterproof Smartwatch has precision laminating process, metal surface, and Nano TPE material watch strap that is anti-sweat.
- Light-weighted, durable and comfortable to wear
- Easy to connect with iOS and Android phones via Bluetooth
- There is no need to charge as the battery can last for a long time
- Good for outdoor activities
- It supports lots of languages
- It cannot be used for GPS positioning and to call
When compared with Series 2, this product has a better cellular connection. The Apple Watch Series 3 is one of the best waterproof smartwatches with a swim-proof shell that is water-resistant to 50 meters. This allows users to use it for water activities like in the shower and swimming. The device has a rectangular shape with an upgraded processor that is more powerful and battery efficient. In addition to its features is the cellular LTE-enabled e-SIM option that allows connectivity without a tethered phone. It also provides you with the opportunity to use the same phone number as your iPhone.
The Series 3 features a biometric altimeter that helps to measure altitude and air pressure. It has 8GB storage and WiFi that allows direct connectivity with the internet and a 1.3” display screen that displays apps and notifications. Included is a battery that is recharged with an inductive magnetic charger and can last for up to 18 hours. Additionally, the Smartwatch features Heart Rate Monitor and built-in GPS that connects quickly to the satellites, help you get accurate workout data and lets you navigate.
- It is suitable for showers, spills, rain, oceans, and pools at shallow depth
- Series 3 notifies by an audio cue or a gentle tap on your wrist by the taptic engine
- It provides an attractive design with a choice of bands and a variety of watch faces
- It has a good battery life
- With the design, it is easy to push the button accidentally
What Is The Difference Between Water-Resistance And Waterproof?
There is a difference between water-resistant and waterproof Smartwatch. A water-resistant Smartwatch will probably survive a light rain shower or if water splashes on it when you wash your hand. Also, it might be okay if you wear it in the shower accidentally but the chance of it surviving while you swim is very slim.
On the other hand, waterproof Smartwatch should be able to handle any wet environment such as swimming and getting wet in the shower. However, the level of waterproofing varies from one device to the other. When deciding on the best waterproof Smartwatch to go for, it is essential to know the degree of waterproofing the device has.
From the reviews and buying guides discussed above, you can see that the best waterproof Smartwatches is more than just stylish design and time display. They boast different features that make them comfortable to wear, easy to use and offer high performance such as fitness and health tracking, waterproofing, and smart notifications.
Even though all the Smartwatch reviewed are a perfect choice, with the transflective technology and waterproof rating of 100 meters, Garmin Fenix 6 pro put the icing on the cake. If you are looking for something rugged and tough that might be within your price range, the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro is a perfect option.
If you want to buy the best waterproof smartwatches, you can go for any of the ones mentioned here.