If you’re seriously considering upgrading your car’s audio system, then you can choose a subwoofer of a reputed brand. Towards this end, you can pick and choose from numerous subwoofer models of Kicker for boosting your car stereo’s bass. If you’re in the habit of enjoying music while driving, you may be aware that best kicker subwoofers could make your car stereo more performance-oriented.
You may ask, “Why should I go for a Kicker subwoofer when there are better quality brands out there?” The best reason why you should settle for Kicker subwoofers is that they offer much more than what they’re worth. Kicker subwoofers tend to be pocket-friendly, deliver booming bass, and stay functional for years on end.
Subwoofers manufactured by Kicker have become increasingly popular with a section of vehicle owners of late. Kicker’s line of subwoofers now competes with the best subwoofer brands, thanks to design upgrades carried out by the firm. In this article, we look closely at the top Kicker subwoofers.
We’ve also listed the aspects you need to consider before you can select an appropriate Kicker subwoofer
How to Choose the Best Kicker Subwoofer
When you opt for a car audio upgrade, then you’ll want the best subwoofer that your money can buy. Therefore it’s crucial that you should consider specific aspects including size, shape, and type while you look for a quality speaker. Keep in mind the following aspects or factors before you zero in on your favorite Kicker subwoofer:
The first and foremost consideration that you should consider while selecting a speaker is the type. You’ll come across two broad categories of speakers-full-range and component speakers. In a full-range subwoofer, all the speaker components, including the surround sound casing, woofer, and tweeter driver, are housed as a unitary system.
Full-range speakers tend to be very cost-effective, as well as easy to install. They also reproduce good quality sound but not as excellently as component speakers. Component speakers, on the other hand, come with separately housed components for facilitating convenient placement inside the vehicle.
Proper positioning of component speakers leads to the generation of sound with a better overall effect.
The sensitivity of the speaker
Speaker sensitivity implies the quality of sound produced by the amplifier, which depends upon your car stereo’s power rating. That said, you should go for speakers with a high sensitivity range (upwards of 90dB) in case the RMS rating of the individual’s speakers is 15 watts or less. Conversely, you’ll have to buy low sensitivity range speakers if your car audio system is high-powered for a perfect match.
If you want to enjoy listening to music and songs in the same way as you’d with a home stereo, then you’ve to ensure that the speaker sensitivity syncs with the car stereo’s power rating.
The audio quality is, by far the most vital aspect you need to bear in mind while selecting a speaker. The frequency range of a speaker determines the amp’s sound quality. Your car stereo system has a particular frequency range. The frequency range normally varies from 10hertz to 2 kHz (20,000Hz).
The greater the extent of the frequency range, the better will be the sound reproduced by your car stereo.
Should you go for a 2-way or a 3-way speaker?
The majority of speakers you’ll find in the market happen to be 3-way and 2-way speakers. A typical 3-way speaker includes twitter and woofer as integral components as well as additional mid-range elements. Owing to their higher number of components, three-way speakers have a greater frequency range. This, in turn, enables three-way speakers to reflect a wider range of lows, meds, and highs, thereby producing better overall audio.
Two-way speakers variously referred to as coaxial speakers, are standardized amplifier units, comprising of twitter and woofer as components. The woofer and twitter in a two-way speaker are integrated, and hence two-way speakers are called full-range amplifiers. Comparatively speaking, 3-way speakers reproduce the superior quality of sound than 2-way speakers.
Maximum RMS of speaker
Another aspect that you’ve to take into consideration while selecting a car audio subwoofer is the latter’s power handling capacity. The power-handling efficiency of a speaker is normally gauged and rated in watts. See to it that the external amperage of your car’s stereo matches or is at least near to the sub’s amp output.
You should take cognizance of the fact that is the maximum RMS of a speaker that influences its power management capability, rather than its peak power rating. Therefore, see the maximum RMS rating of a speaker before you take a purchase decision.
You’d go for top quality speakers for your car. That said, you should gather as much information as you can about after-market or existing amplifiers, before reviewing new models. You can either exchange your current speaker with an upgraded version or choose a brand new product.
Keep a note of your existing car audio’s model number, name of the manufacturer, and the year in which your vehicle was manufactured. These details will help the dealer or retailer have a clear idea on the type, size, and configuration of the speaker.
The components of a speaker and the materials from which they’re constructed have a significant bearing on the quality of audio reproduction. Additionally, the build quality of the speaker components, by and large, determines the shelf-life of the product.
When you’re in the market for picking a sub for your car stereo system, take a good look at the following components:-
A woofer also referred to as bass speaker, is the amplifier’s driver, capable of reproducing low-frequency audio waves, ranging from 40Hz-500Hz. A typical woofer is made up of a crisp paper cone, operated by a voice coil which in turn is encircled by a magnetic field. This component is usually crafted using lightweight materials, including natural fiber or wicker fabrics or polypropylene for reproducing high-decibel bass.
Sometimes called a treble speaker, the tweeter happens to be a specialized horn or dome-styled loudspeaker that can reflect audio frequencies in the 2,000Hz-20,000Hz range. The material or materials used for making a tweeter determine the quality of sound that’ll emanate from the speaker. Tweeters made out of delicate materials, including fabrics, fabric blends, silk, and polyurethane, produce mild audio.
Conversely, tweeters shaped out of tough materials like metals, graphite, and ceramics reflect booming audio.
Surround sound casing
The casing surrounding the woofer is known as the speaker’s surround and is generally carved out of toughened rubber. Rubberized surround sound sleeve can tolerate heat and humidity quite effectively. More often, the casing is carved out of foam or cloth that keeps the speaker’s price low without sacrificing performance.
Last but not least the price
The price of subwoofers varies hugely, depending upon their type, features, power handling capacity, size, and so on. If you’re going for low-key replacement speakers, you’ll find them quite affordable. On the other hand, state-of-the-art, hi-tech products command a high price.
Hence, you should fix your budget before you make up your mind to buy a sub for the car’s audio system.
Top 15 Best Kicker Subwoofers in 2020 Reviews
The 10CVT102 CompVT Subwoofer is one of the best subwoofers produced by Kicker, as it delivers top quality audio. You’d be fooling yourself if you judge this speaker based on its size-the 10-inch subwoofer punches much above its weight. As far as power handling is concerned, the RMS and peak power ratings are 400w and 800w, respectively.
So, the subwoofer can efficiently match up to your car stereo’s high-power rating. Nevertheless, to prevent coil damage, you should carefully check the RMS of your car audio. Do check out the physical features of the subwoofer as these specifics matter a lot.
The sub’s mounting depth of 4 ¼” and a mounting cutout of 9 3/16” means you won’t have to struggle with installing it at tight corners (for instance near the door pane). With dimensions of 12.2 x 12.2 x 6.5, the 10CVT102 will not require too much space for installation. However, the sub tends to be a bit hefty at 10lbs.
The CVT 10 comes with a built-in four-stratum voice coil, thereby making it capable of handling large quantities of power. So, you don’t need to worry about the subwoofer suffering damage and becoming dysfunctional. This subwoofer sports a rigid, dark gray injection-molded and modified-spoke cone for reflecting high-decibel bass.
The innovative design of the cone enables it to reproduce top quality sound and keeps it going for years.
- RMS and peak power output ratings are 400w and 800w correspondingly: very performance-oriented
- Perfect mounting depth and cutout: can be installed in the tightest of spots and corners
- 2/4-Ohm four-tiered voice coil facilitates maximum power handling
- Modified-spoke and injection-molded woofer cone for superior bass reproduction
- Single-voice coil
- It is not a three-way speaker
If you’re thinking about boosting up your existing car audio, then don’t look beyond the Kicker CVR 124 12” CompVR Series Car Subwoofer. The CVR 124 was designed painstakingly, keeping in mind the interests of audiophiles and those looking for an upgrade. Not only is the construction superlative, but even its topnotch performance will leave you spellbound.
As far as the frequency range is concerned, focus on the spectrum’s lower end. The CVR 124’s frequency range of 25Hz-500Hz implies that the interior of your car will be throbbing when you play music at high volume. The peak frequency of 500Hz will give a fillip to low-mid and high notes while the 25Hz will bring out the lowest bass frequencies.
The high sensitivity rating of the CVR 124 subwoofer allows you to enjoy high-decibel music without having to worry about the coil getting damaged. The CVR 124 features a sensitivity of 86.9dB, which is more than sufficient to keep the coils alive while you listen to music at high volume. However, a sensitivity of 88dB would have been par for the course, giving you complete peace of mind.
The dual 4-ohm voice coil is one of the most versatile features of this Kicker subwoofer. The impedance rating of the voice coil enables you to hook up the sub with different types of car audio for reproducing the best quality of bass.
- High quality construction ensures that the speaker will stay functional for years
- The sensitivity rating of 86.9 decibels is more than sufficient for reflecting top-level audio, considering the speaker’s power handling capacity
- The frequency response range of 25Hz-500Hz ensures the reproduction of booming bass
- Dual 4-ohm voice coil lets you connect the speaker to various car audio sets
- Many users have complained about the poor construction of the product
The Kicker 10C 124 Comp 12” Subwoofer not only appears eye-catching but delivers on the performance front. The 10C 124 has been designed with meticulous care, which makes it reflect the entire range of meds, low-mid, and high-decibel bass. Starting from the voice coil to the tweeter and from the surround sound casing to the basket, every component embodies quality construction.
The basket constructed from industrial-grade steel is extremely hardy and has cooling vents around its perimeter for preventing overheating of the voice coil. The vents promote optimum heat dispersal, thereby offering supreme protection to the voice coil. The ribbed surround sound wrapping goes a long way in providing optimal flexibility to the cone, making it throb effectively.
The cone is lightweight and rigid, which greatly contributes towards good bass reflection. Additionally, the 360˚ braced enclosure helps in keeping the bass perfectly even without getting overly raucous. The peak power output and the RMS response range are 300w and 50-150w respectively, which in combination with 88dB sensitivity support reproduction of thumping bass.
The audio frequency response range is 27Hz-500Hz, which means you get to enjoy a loud and consistent basis without sacrificing mids. Dual Spiralead tinsel leads to ensure the sub stays in place, thereby guaranteeing steady performance in the long run.
- Every component constructed from premium components: remains serviceable for a long time
- Cooling vents surrounding the basket facilitate excellent heat dispersal
- 360˚ bracing enclosure with rigid, injection-molded cone for high-level performance
- Hardy Spiralead tinsel lead for durability and lasting performance
- Excellent frequency range, RMS and peak power output ratings, and sensitivity promote quality sound reproduction
- Does not reflect the full range of sound as effectively as other hi-tech speakers
This Kicker 12” CompC 300W 4-ohm single voice coil subwoofer 44CWCS124 boasts of hardy construction as well as performs extraordinarily. The four-ohm voice coil, together with the injection-molded ribbed polypropylene cone makes for supreme quality audio reproduction. The entire basket perimeter features cooling vents that aids in dissipating heat, thus extending the functional life of the speaker.
Constructed out of polypropylene, the cone is lightweight yet extremely hardy. Alternatively, the polypropylene surround casing together with the double-stitching ensures that the tweeter does not come off. The grooved polyurethane surround goes towards expanding the surface area, thereby enabling improved sound waves distribution.
Injection-molding technology has been used for producing the polypropylene cone, which adds to its durability. Also, the use of polypropylene material means the amplifier stays lightweight as well as resilient. The perimeter vents permit unhindered airflow around the tweeter dome and checking to overheat.
The robust voice coil can withstand high temperatures and hence excels in power-handling without getting damaged. The peak power and RMS ratings are 600w and 300w, respectively, lending the speaker supreme power handling capacity. So, you get to enjoy crisp, clear, and window-rattling bass.
The impedance rating of the voice coil is four ohms, ensuring the best possible channeling of power for replicating top-quality bass.
- 4-ohm voice coil can tolerate high temperatures and perform beyond expectations
- Excellent impedance rating ensures optimum channeling of power for replicating superior bass notes
- Superior power handling capacity, thanks to high RMS and peak power voltage ratings
- Cone created from polypropylene using injection-molding technology which keeps it lightweight and durable
- Perimeter cooling vents promote airflow and protect the coil from damage
- This speaker comes with a single voice coil so don’t expect a high-decibel output
The 43DCWR 102 Kicker 10” Dual Loaded Car Enclosure Subwoofer is delivered to you in a pack that contains a Class D 3000w mono amplifier. This add-on comes in perfectly handy for those audiophiles who’re still on the learning curve with regards to installing car audio. At the least, you don’t need to search the market for a matching amp for the subwoofer.
This 10” Kicker 2-ohm sub is effortlessly capable of handling up to a maximum of 800 watts of RMS implying that you get to enjoy high-level bass. The build quality is also extremely good meaning that you’ll be able to use the speaker for a long period. The stiff and firm polypropylene cone stays in place and performs beyond your expectations even when you’re enjoying music while going on a long drive.
Thanks to the polypropylene cone, you get to listen to the best sounding bass. The extensive venting around the heavy-duty steel basket keeps the subwoofer cool and prevents the coil from overheating.
- Dual subs with total RMS of 1200W and peak power output of 2400 watts: Enjoy music that’ll uplift you while you’re driving
- Rigid polypropylene cone: lightweight and durable
- Comes with a 3000 watts Class D mono amplifier that is compatible with the sub
- Hardy construction: Remains in service for many years
- Vents around the steel basket for keeping the motor cool
- The 3000 watt hardly ever attains the peak performing capacity
- The cheap construction of the amplifier makes it prone to overheating
- Even the wires provided in the package are of cheap quality
If you’re looking for a Kicker sub that is highly affordable and also delivers throbbing bass, then the Kicker 40VCWR122 12” 1000W, Loaded Car Audio Subwoofer is your best bet. You get this 12” sub from Kicker in a ported and sturdy casing. However, with dimensions of 17.5 x 16 x14.5 inches, the sub will occupy sufficient space in your car.
With an RMS rating of 500W, this sub will attract the attention of passengers in your vehicle and other drivers on the road. With a frequency rating of 25Hz-500Hz, the 40VCWR 122, the speaker effectively reproduces the mids, and mid-lows, apart from the bass notes. However, you’ll experience a fair degree of audio warping when you raise the volume.
To get around this problem, you can hook it up with a 500W amp. You can rest assured that the sub will allow you to take pleasure in listening to music while you’re driving for years on end.
- Heavy-duty construction: Engineered to last and perform beyond your expectations
- The frequency response range of 25Hz-500Hz facilitates the reproduction of the supreme quality of bass
- RMS rating of 500W translates into a reflection of pulsating bass
- 2-ohm impedance comes in handy for commendable power handling
- At 30 pounds, this Kicker sub tends to be hefty
- The large size also means it’ll take up quite a lot of space for installation
- The audio gets distorted when you boost the volume
The 40CWR 122 CompR Series 12” subwoofer is another sub from the Kicker stable that is worth pairing with your car audio. With dimensions of 13.5 x 13.2 x 7 inches, this sub should comfortably fit at the back of your car without taking up too much space. However, with a weight of 11pounds, the subwoofer is surely not lightweight.
This Kicker sub has one of the best power thresholds when compared with other subs that can be grouped under its category. The 40CWR 122 CompR sub has an RMS and peak power rating of 800W and 1600W in that order. Combine this output power rating with the 2-ohm impedance, and you’ll get to listen to audio waves that’ll make your vehicle vibrate.
The low impedance of the sub implies that it’ll be able to make the most out of its power handling capability. You can take it for granted that the bass notes will be clear, crisp, and profound. The rigid surround casing is of durable material which keeps the tweeter firmly in its place and also contributes towards excellent dissemination of sound waves.
- Constructed out of quality materials that make the sub perform for many years
- Lower impedance rating makes for effective power handling
- Excellent RMS and peak power threshold
- Can be configured with a wide range of car stereo systems
- The sub is quite heavy
- The voice coil wires are of inferior quality
There are several good reasons to choose the 43CVR124 Kicker 12” 800W CompVR. For a start, the cone has been produced out of polypropylene material by exploiting injection-molding technology. Polypropylene material not only keeps the sub-lightweight but also hardy, enabling it to perform beyond your expectations.
Polypropylene construction also enables the sub to take good advantage of its sensitivity rating of 86.9dB, letting it deliver outstanding bass. The RMS range varies from 50W-450W which lets you accomplish a 400W RMS where every coil delivers 200W. On the other hand, the peak power output of 800W makes it companionable with an assorted range of car audio systems.
- Packs in more power about its size
- The RMS rating of 50W-450W goes a long way in enabling it to make the most of power-handling
- Sensitivity rating 86.9dB makes for delivering crisp and loud bass
- Polypropylene cone construction keeps it durable and lightweight
- A sensitivity rating of 88dB would have propelled this sub into the category of ‘best subwoofers to buy’
- At 15 pounds, the sub is very hefty
A single glance at the Kicker 10″ 600W 4 Ohm Subwoofer 44TCWC104, and you’ll take to it. The slim profile CompC 10″ Subwoofer Enclosure, which comes equipped with a solitary 4-Ohm terminal, fits effortlessly under the seat. Maximum throughput of 600W and an RMS output of 300W keep the interiors of your car reverberating with booming bass.
The slim-fit subwoofer enclosure has been chipped out of heavy MDF (medium density fireboard) and dense black fabric for resilience. The 10″ corral works immaculately with 600W of power, making the subwoofer ideal for rumble bass or rap music. In case you’re looking to enjoy resounding bass in a tight space like your car’s interiors, you don’t need to look any further.
The portable box’s rugged design seamlessly matches the sub, thereby making the 44TCWC104 very performance-driven and hardy. This Kicker 10″ vented thin profile sub sports a flex-resistant polypropylene cone bounded by ribbed foam for facilitating resonant lows minus the distortion. On the other hand, a durable steel tub offers the perfect conditions for hard-hitting bass while the all-embracing venting promotes consistent performance.
The meticulously designed side port eases pressure within the enclosure, making it easier for the sub to move back and forth, thereby boosting bass production. The 4-ohm impedance of the Kicker 44TCWC104 renders the subwoofer companionable with a variety of amplifiers.
- Slim-fit design enables the sub to be easily installed behind or underneath the car seat
- Comes with the accessories for installation (4 mounting brackets, 4 1″ pan- head screws, 8 5/8″ flat-head screws)
- Heavy-duty steel basket
- ¾” MDF construction roofed with chunky black carpet
- Power rating: 600W peak power with 300W RMS for creating a booming bass effect
- A wide frequency response range: 30-500 Hz
- 4 Ohm impedance makes the sub-well-suited with a wide variety of amps
- Not a three-way speaker
- Single-voice coil
The Kicker 11 HS8 8″ 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer redefines the yardsticks of plug-and-play bass performance in automobiles. The 11HS8** 8″ 150W Hideaway car audio subwoofer churns out the amazingly low-frequency output from a surprisingly little enclosure. The subwoofer HS8 enclosure is remarkably compact with a length of 14″ and standing tall at a little over 3″.
The Hideaway belts out thumping bass from almost any vehicle from the tautest of enclosures, thanks to the 8″ sub and 150W speaker’s coordination. The Velcro secured nylon straps facilitate a quick and secure installation and easy detachment, while a quick-connect Molex power plug allows instant powering. The Molex power plug facilitates fast powering up and remote-controlled turning on.
A unique and versatile feature of the HS8 Hideaway is its remote control, enabling you to fine-tune bass levels, monitor +6dB bass boost, and regulate low pass crossover. The phase cancellation switch helps in maximizing output, and at the same time, there are two options for automatic turn-on. This Kicker subwoofer comes with built-in low and high-level inputs for compatibility with almost any aftermarket or OEM head unit.
You can rest assured that the Hideaway will easily fit underneath or behind your vehicle’s seat upholstery, thanks to the sub’s compact profile.
- Ultra-compact powerful subwoofer especially designed for tight spaces and recesses
- Remote bass control for monitoring +6dB bass boost, adjustable low path crossover, and adjusting bass levels
- The dimensions are perfect for mounting the sub in small spaces
- Velcro tie-ups on nylon straps for safe and secure installation
- Does not deliver the full range of bass as efficiently as other high-quality speakers
- Increasing the bass volume over the medium level could make the music indecipherable
The CompRT Single 6.75″ 300W Max 2 Ohm Shallow Slim Car Subwoofer by Kicker is an incredibly versatile all-weather slim sub reinforced with a pair of 2ῼ voice coils. The Single 6.75″ 300 max shallow remote car sub is grouped under the CompRT subwoofer class that features the most distant possible mounting depths. So it follows that the CompRT 6.75″ hero with a single voice coil, measuring less than 3″ deep, makes it supremely easy to install it even in the tightest of spaces.
The Kicker CompRT 6-3/4″ sub works optimally with a hermetically sealed pen together with 150W of power. This subwoofer has been designed with meticulous care, featuring a mounting diameter and depth of 5.625″ and 2.75″, enabling steady, shallow installation. The 300W Max 2-Ohm shallow slim car has been exclusively crafted for fitting inside sealed enclosures measuring from 0.2-1cubic feet.
2-Ohm impedance rating coupled with a 150W RMS output and 300 peak power output enables the sub to deliver mighty bass echoes throughout your vehicle. Also, the injection-molded flex-resistant polypropylene cone, along with the high-temperature voice call, goes a long way in helping reproduce booming bass. The weatherproof rubberized covering also contributes towards the best possible delivery of high-decibel bass while you’re off-roading or cruising on the highway.
- Weather-resistant rubber surround protects the unit, enabling it to perform superbly mainly when you’re off-roading
- The high-temperature voice coil and injection-molded polypropylene cone keeps the juice flowing perfectly
- Mounting depth and diameter ideal for low mounts
- Delivers splendid thunderous bass in tight spaces
- Turning up the volume could lead to audio distortion and warping
- Vehicle owners may have to carry out modifications in their vehicle’s center console sub enclosure to fit the sub
The 10-inch CompC 44CWCS104 Single Voice Coil SVC Subwoofer with a peak output power and RMS power of 500W and 250W, respectively, pumps out high-decibel bass. A single voice coil with an impedance of 4 ohms implies that the sub will work with a wide range of amplifiers and speakers. The polypropylene cone has been crafted using injection-molding technology and ribbed polyurethane encasing, which goes a long way in belting out crisp bass.
Additionally, the proprietary yellow sewing, the stamped steel frame construction, and the heavy-duty Spiralead™ Tinsel lead coordinate entirely for delivering top-quality music. Perimeter venting ensures that the tweeter enclosure stays well-ventilated to prevent overheating, thereby guaranteeing high-level performance. Kicker’s CompC subwoofer series’s roots can be traced to the original line that first came out in 1986.
So the Kicker 10″ CompC 500W SVC Subwoofer brings over three decades of technical expertise, which means you reap the benefits. This sub can handle up to 250W RMS power with occasional bursts of 500W, eventually resulting in an unprecedented aural experience. The robust steel basket of the hero makes it possible for 44CWCS104 to reproduce full-throated bass.
The versatility of this 500W 4 Ohm Single Voice Coil sub from Kicker lies in that it works with both ported and sealed enclosures.
- Border venting for excellent circulation of air inside the enclosure to prevent overheating
- Stamped steel basket and Spiralead™ tinsel leads to boost durability and performance
- Distinctive yellow stitching, ribbed polyurethane surround, and injection-molded polypropylene cone for delivery of loud and clear audio
- 4-Ohm impedance rating companionable with a wide range of amplifiers
- Low-quality voice call wires
- Do not expect this sub to reproduce high-quality sound due to the single voice coil
If you’re looking to boost your vehicle’s audio setup, then the Kicker 43CWRT102 CompRT Subwoofer makes a good buy. The CompRT 10″ 2 Ohm 800W shallow sub is your best bet if you want breathtaking bass in limited space. Featuring a mounting diameter of 9.125 inches and a mounting depth of 3.43 inches, the 43CWRT102 is ideal for low-level mounts.
The CompRT 10″ 2 Ohm subwoofer by Kicker is compatible with installing inside sealed compartments with a size range of 0.2-1 cubic ft. At the same time, this sub quickly goes inside vented or ported boxes having a volume ranging from 1.25-1.75 cubic feet. Boasting of a maximum output power of 800W and an RMS power of 400W along with impedance 2 ohms, the sub fills your vehicle with rich, powerful surround sound.
The high-temperature resistant voice coil and the injection-molded flex-resistant polypropylene cone come together to enhance performance. The signature SoloKon™ technology blends judiciously with the 43CWRT102 CompRT’s exclusive internal support system for an unparalleled auditory experience. Kicker has designed this CompRT sub with scrupulous care, keeping in mind the needs of audiophiles who drive ATVs, pickups, and compact cars.
The 43CWRT102 CompRT sub is as performance-driven as any full-scale subwoofer but keeps a low profile, occupying minimal payload space.
- Superior power handling and control owing to high-temperature voice coils
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone for reproducing the full gamut of bass notes
- Weatherproof rubber surround for outdoor use
- Topnotch bass delivery thanks to 400W of RMS and 800W peak power output
- Does not perform as efficiently as the CompR models
- Single voice coil implies that the decibel output is low compared to other standard subs
The ‘Kicker 43CWR84 Compr 8″ 4 Ohm 600W Peak Power Dual Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofer’ enables you to enjoy music entirely. The 43CWR84 Compr 300W RMS 600 Peak Power Subwoofer has been designed and crafted innovatively for thumping pounding sound and reliable performance. The 43CWR84 sub comes with a 4-ohm dual voice coil design for taking full advantage of the power amp.
On the other hand, a stacked-up magnet arrangement guarantees consistent power handling and control. The UniPlate backplate and pole piece serve as one solid unit, providing excellent thermal management. Choose the setup that works best for your car sound system. This car audio subwoofer is rated at 300 watts RMS power and 600 watts peak power. For best performance, install this subwoofer in a sealed or ported sub enclosure with a minimum of 300 watts.
This car subwoofer requires 4.13 inches of mounting depth and 7 of mounting diameter in your sub box. For optimal sound, use sealed sub boxes between 0.4 and 1 cubic feet or vented sub boxes between 0.8 and 1.2 cubic feet. Kick up the sound in your ride with the Kicker Compr 8-Inch Dual Voice Coil Car Audio Subwoofer.
- Compatible with ported sub-enclosures as well as sealed containers/boxes
- The maximum power output of 600W and 300W RMS power for delivering resounding bass
- One compact UniPlate backplate with pole piece for better heat dispersal
- 4-Ohm dual voice coil helps wiring easier for superior audio delivery
- Decked magnetic arrangement for enhanced power control and handling
- May not work with OEM audio enclosure of many vehicle models
- Bass disorientation noted with an increase in audio volume level
The Solo-Baric L7S 1500W 12″ 4-Ohm Dual Voice Call Square Subwoofer from Kicker is one of the most performance-driven subs out there. The design of the Solo-Baric L7 1500W DVC square-style sub takes inspiration from the original and pioneering square-shaped subwoofer. This immensely powerful sub blasts 1500W of peak output power and comes equipped with greater cone area, thus delivering massive bass and displacing more air.
The USP of the Solo-Baric L 7S is the revolutionary cone design, which makes the most of the groundbreaking SoloKon injection-molding technology. Embracing the SoloKon™ material all around the back and at the edges, the L7S comes across as an incredibly full and receptive sub. The signature ribbed corners on the L7 Santoprene perimeter relentlessly check distortion while improving crisp and booming bass control.
The Solo-Baric’s pole piece and UniPlate backplate have been merged to form a single compact unit for facilitating heat dispersal from the motor. The intuitive venting underneath the mesh allows more excellent heat dissipation and permits more air to circulate. The sub’s different components have been crafted out of the best quality of materials, including forged aluminum baskets, ceramic magnets, and hardwearing tinsel leads.
No wonder the heavy-duty construction makes the Solo-Baric L 7S sub extremely performance-oriented but also exceptionally durable.
- Distinctive square and polypropylene cone design for enhancing performance and longevity
- Injection-molded polypropylene flex-resistant cone for superior delivery of bass
- Excellent power handling, thanks to the heat dissipation mechanism and unique cone profile
- Constructed from highly durable materials, the sub performs beyond your expectations for years
- Motor designed and made with exceptional care for boosting performance
- Weighing about 11Kgs, this sub is a tad too heavy
- Many customers found the sub to be somewhat overpriced
So, there you’re-fifteen of the best subwoofer models from Kicker-two 10” and six 12” models. Strictly speaking, there’s not much difference between the different models, in terms of features. At the same time, most of these Kicker subs are within $100.00, which makes them readily affordable.
However, you can easily distinguish the various models in terms of their size and weight. Some models happen to be heavy, while others tend to be lightweight. Majority of the subs have similar RMS, peak power output, sensitivity rating, impedance, and frequency response range. So, which Kicker sub model you’ll finally settle upon depends upon your vehicle’s audio amp output, power handling rating, model no. and make, and of course, your preferences.