I came across the RC cars not too long ago. The thrill and excitement you get from these cars are unexplainable. Well, my son wanted me to buy him one so as usual, I did my research and after trying few of the models, I am all set to help my readers with the best RC cars on the market.
Times have changed and so as the kind of toys that kids like to have these days. I will start with a quick definition. RS or radio controlled cars are powered with gas or batteries. You can control these cars from distance by using a remote control or a transmitter.
In earlier times, RC stood for remote control cars where the vehicle is connected to a wire and controlled by a remote. Now, the concept is changed and these are Radio Controlled cars that work on radio frequency.
You can drive these cars on any kind of terrains of your choice. It is an excellent gift to give to your children and allow them to compete with their friends in racing competition.
Well, for whatever reason your child needs an RC car, I am going to share my knowledge on the niche and help you find the best model.
Types of Best RC Cars
Thankfully, the RC cars are available in multiple shapes and sizes. This helps you in making a choice. Now, other features to differentiate between these wheels is on the basis of power, speed, tricks, and stunt jumps. It depends on the kind of activity your child is most interested in.
There are also some cars that can do everything that I stated above. Confused? Well, don’t be. I am doing to dig deeper into this subject to help you understand better.
1. RC Cars
So, I will start with the most standard form of RC cars which consist of hybrid off-road tires and suspension. What’s most interesting about these cars is that you can practically take them on any kind of terrains or roads. Also, you can customize these cars for enhanced performance on any surface type. For a starter, this is a great choice to make.
2. RC Trucks
A truck is usually a choice to make when you are done practicing on a car. These vehicles dominate off-road selections and have a lot of similarities to real life trucks. Your kids will enjoy the stunts that they can pull with these vehicles because of the increased suspension. While these are best suited for the roads, you can also drive them on the pavements.
One more thing, while looking for an RC truck, you might come across the Short Course Trucks which is an advanced version. Well, before you get yourself in the world of Short Course Trucks, let me tell you that these are expensive and require a lot of knowledge on their customization.
3. RC Buggies & Truggies
Another interesting option available for you is the RC buggy or truggy. These are a combination of a truck and a car. A buggy is more rigid in nature and can endure abuse. The truggy is favorable for those that are looking for a car but need something more powerful for off-road races.
4. RC Monster Trucks
RC Monsters are thrilling and adventurous. These are not for racing purposes but can keep you entertained for hours. You can take them off-roads and enjoy their performance.
5. Rock Crawlers
Lastly, there are rock crawlers with the tendency to accomplish amazing feats. These have extraordinary design and massive power. They don’t share the same size as a monster truck but quite similar in power and suspension.
Their designing is versatile and done in such a way that they can conquer snow, ice, gravel, dirt, and the uneven terrain. While these provide refreshing and thrilling entertainment, they do call for the major maintenance. You need to be very particular with the rock crawlers if you wish to use them for a prolonged duration.
How To Choose The Best RC Car?
So, I have discussed different types of RC cars to you. These all are made with common technology, with few features varying here and there.
These cars are fun to be around. However, since you are spending a huge amount, you deserve to buy something that is promising.
Well, shopping for RC cars is never easy. They vary in sizes, shapes, types, speed levels, suspension, and so on. The finding experience could be overwhelming. Don’t worry at all. I have described some beneficial steps below to help you find the right models.
Ok, so I will start with the motor of these cars. This is a crucial feature to be very careful about it. Technically, the speed and performance of the car are solely related to the motor. There are two types of motors available in RC cars.
- Brushed Motor: These are the cheaper motors and not as capable as its counterpart. Surely, these motors can help you save a lot of money but their performance is below average. You will not be happy with these cars.
- Brushless Motors: Now, these are some amazing motors that you can select. They make a car extremely fast and efficient. Also, these offer better speed and control to the user.
Brushless motors are better in all the aspects. Of course, these make a car expensive but if you wish to gran a model with excellent performance then choose brushless motor.
The clear winner is the brushless motor. However, if you are a seasonal player and don’t intend to use the RC car for racing purpose then you can save your money and buy brushed motor cars.
2. Speed Controls
People purchase RC cars for the thrill that they provide. They are known to deliver unexpected speed. The remote control is there to regulate the speed of the car. It is important to pick a model that gives versatility in speed. If you are buying it for your child them make sure that the car comes with easy speed controls. It is not good to hand over something catastrophic to the kids. They might cause accidents with excessive speed.
3. Type of Tires
RC cars are a replication of standard and self-drive cars. When we have to buy a car, we give a lot of emphasis on car tires. Same is the case with RC cars. Poor quality tires will only hamper your experience of driving these cars and of course, make them less lasting.
Different kind of tires is suitable for different terrains. In order to rightly select the tires, first, you need to decide the kind of terrains you will be driving the car.
There are paddle tires for the rougher terrains. After purchase, if you are not happy with the tires, you can change them. The options available in the market are mentioned below:
- Ribbed: These tires are amazing for 2-wheel vehicles. The performance is especially great on the off-road terrains. Also, these provide superior side to side grip.
- Grooved: These are also great at providing fine side to side traction. However, the traction on sandy areas is not so good.
- X-pin: As much as I have researched about these tires, they are not suitable for the hard surfaces. These can suffice in kid’s RC cars but not at all recommended for racing purposes.
- Paddle: The paddle wheels are known to provide excellent traction in all the directions. These are strong and can last for the longest period. You can take them on any kind of terrain of your choice. Unlike any other tire type, these are effortless on the sand.
4. Battery Life
RC cars consume a lot of battery. They make roaring sounds and all its features are powered from the battery. Now, your job is to make sure that the car you buy has a fantastic battery life to support prolonged usage. You can change the battery after a few years but it is important to give emphasis to the battery while making the first purchase.
You cannot escape the knocks and drops while driving an RC car. Would you really want a car to go fritz on you after the first usage? No? Well, the durability comes from the overall package, starting with the inside components and outer material.
Well, what you have to do is to make sure that the inside components don’t stop working as the car had a fall. It is going to bump into something or the else. Just make sure that these accidents don’t completely damage the car. So, invest wisely in a durable model.
Top 8 Best RC Cars – Reviewed
Well, as I always do, this is the section where I give you suggestions on the best RC cars. These models have been tested and verified. Let’s check them out:
|1. Traxxas 1/10 Scale Rustler RTR Stadium Truck||Extremely Powerful RC Truck||4.5|
|2. ARRMA Granite Monster Truck||ditor’s Choice RC Car||4.8|
|3. Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Pro||Robust RC Car||4.8|
|4. Tamiya 1/10 RC Car Series||Brilliant Quality RC Car||4.5|
|5. KOOWHEEL RC Car||High In Performance RC Car||4.2|
|6. Exceed RC Car||Suitable For All Terrains||4.5|
|7. Tozo C1142 RC Car||Innovatively Designed RC Car||4.3|
|8. Double E RC Car||Most Affordable RC Car||4.2|
1. Traxxas 1/10 Scale Rustler RTR Stadium Truck – Extremely Powerful RC Truck
Anyone leaning towards a powerful RC truck, this is a favorable choice to make. I would start by saying the Traxxas is an amazing brand. While understanding the need for every buyer, they design and power their models. About this one, below are the features:
- The Rustler has 12-Turn motor that offers brilliant speed of 35 MPH for a thrilling and adventurous experience. You can take this in water, mud, snow, or in any environment.
- The aggressive and eye-catching design is quite amazing and liked by all. The parts are pre-painted and trimmed with robust polycarbonate. It protects the internal part from damaging.
- The model is designed to provide long-range and glitch-free performance and has a quick response time.
- Also, this model has tough metal-gear magnum 272 transmissions and torque control slipper clutch. The motor used inside this model is brushless to ensure uncompromised performance.
- Great in performance
- Extremely durable
- Great torque control
- The battery is sold separately
2. ARRMA Granite Monster Truck – Editor’s Choice RC Car
Who can possibly not check out this brilliant monster in the market? It is among the shinning products to give you the thrill of a lifetime. It runs at high speed and the performance is simply amazing. I am totally in love with this little monster.
- So, I will start with the design. It is available in desiring green color, exceptional in looks and leaves a solid impact on the people who watch it perform.
- Reaching the maximum speed of the car is pretty easy with this one. Also, because of the waterproof coating outside, your car is safe to use in any kind of weather.
- Get ready to drive the car on any surface with the fortress tires. The Tactic TTX300 transmitter gives you the finest control over the car.
- The making is done with super-tough steel, aluminum, and composite materials, all designed to provide excellent performance to the truck.
- It is a durable model and comes with shockproof suspension wheels.
- Made with stringent materials
- Excellent performance
- Shockproof suspension wheels
- Fancy looks
3. Redcat Racing Lightning EPX Pro – Robust RC Car
If you are a keen admirer of fancy looks then this model will surely steal your heart. The Redcat Racing EPX Pro is a wonderous RC car for all the admirers out there. It’s an electronic model and available in three colors. Everything about this car is desiring and captivating.
- The electric brushless 3300KV 540 Novatech motor is extravagant in performance. This is sure you give you chills while it runs on your pavement. The motor makes it suitable for all kind of terrains.
- The transmission is controlled and it gives you access to run the car forward and backward. The radio needs 8 AA batteries that you have to purchase separately.
- About the material, this model is made of polycarbonate material that helps in keeping the car low at maintenance. Also, it gives suitable strength so that even if the car bumps into something, it doesn’t fall apart.
- Strong body
- Perfectly shaped
- Mesmerizing design
- Speed control
- Radio batteries not included
4. Tamiya 1/10 RC Car Series – Brilliant Quality RC Car
So, the next model that I would like to cover is this brilliant car from Tamiya. This brand has an excellent following due to its extraordinary products. Its products are a great value of money and built with excellent materials.
- This is the first build-it-yourself model that I have mentioned in my list. This means that the body comes without any designing and completely unassembled. You have to pick the components of your choice and design the car.
- The metal used in the making is of superior quality. You can rely on it for durability and robustness.
- Great versatility
- Solid material
- Fine overall component
- The overall cost of the car turns out to be a lot
5. KOOWHEEL RC Car – High In Performance RC Car
The next one is this model from KOOWHEEL which has the most brilliant features. Whatever you have got by far, this one will make it look small because it is an extremely desirable RC car. It’s high in performance and a great gift for anyone who is into cars.
- The car will bring a special driving experience through the 2.4 GHz radio control system. The scale of 1:12 makes it realistic than ever and quite intriguing.
- The powerful motor allows the car to reach up to the speed of 40 km/hour. It gives you the finest control and irrespective of the terrain you choose to drive the car, it will not disappoint you at any stage.
- The remote control possesses great stability. Because of the ergonomic qualities, it is perfect for beginners and experienced users.
- The frame and cockpit are shockproof which keep inside components safe. Also, the anti-slip wheels are also connected with shockproof strings which helps in superior performance.
- Extremely powerful
- Unparalleled performance
- Gives full control
- Suitable for all kind of terrains
- Car isn’t waterproof
6. Exceed RC Car – Suitable For All Terrains
While searching for the best RC cars, I often came across this brand called Exceed. Certainly, this is a brilliant company that has launched some of the exceptional models in the market. You can have high hopes with this model as it is a performance proven RC car.
- The electric brushless motor makes it superior in the market. You can expect amazing performance and speed from the car.
- It is a ready-to-run model. You don’t need to customize anything. For someone who is looking for a suitable model to gift someone, this one is a pretty amazing choice to make.
- The motor provides consistent power to the car, irrespective of the terrains that it chooses to mount.
- The outside of the model is made of brilliant material that helps in ensuring the durability of this model.
- Ready to use
- Great quality
- Amazing motor
- Consistent supply of power
- The wheels could have been better
7. Tozo C1142 RC Car – Innovatively Designed RC Car
The Tozo C1142 RC is another brilliant model available in the market. I will start with its looks. This one is available in two different styles and three different colors. The performance is decent and it is quite suitable for gifting purpose as well.
- So, this model is able to produce a speed of 30 MPH and has a scale of 1/24. It is ideal for off-road operation.
- The durability and speed walk hand in hand with this car. It has got explosion-proof PVC shell along with a shockproof system which prevents damages after bumping out the car in the roughest terrains.
- The Hi-Q rubber wheels help in boosting anti-skid qualities. The remote control of the car is pretty responsive and easy to use, even for the beginners.
- Amazing tires
- Exceptional performance
- Size is smaller than what you might have expected
8. Double E RC Car – Most Affordable RC Car
So, before going, I thought of giving you the most economical model in the brilliantly designed RC cars. This model has got exceptional features, especially if you compare with the cost. This is a 4-wheel, lightweight, and low-in-maintenance car that everyone would want to have.
- This is a perfect model with 2 motors that help the car to keep up the speed. It also helps in running the run on any terrain of your choice without any bumps in the performance.
- Next astonishing feature is the strength of the tire. It ensures the finest grip on the ground and does not allow the car to go off balance. With these tires, you can try stunts and jumps confidently.
- The heavy-duty rechargeable battery has a storage capacity of 800 mAh and 4.8V. The remote control also provides the longest range of 100 meters.
- Fancy looks
- High in performance
- Promising model
- Dual motors
- Not waterproof
Safety Tips Of Using The Best RC Car
RC cars are extremely powerful and you would want to be careful while operating them. Here are some of the common safety tips for you to follow:
- First of all, you cannot go on and drive these cars anywhere you want. One should never operate RC cars on public roads. You have to find an isolated road that experiences less to no traffic to run these cars. These are small in size but can cause extreme damage to the people passing by.
- All the cars come with an instruction manual. You should read it carefully before operating. Make sure you use the right fuel or else it can cause a lot of trouble for the environment.
- Always make sure that the batteries are fresh and fully charged
- Since your car comes in contact with the dirt and debris, in order to maintain the car, you need to do regular maintenance. After every use, make sure to wash and service the cars. You won’t be able to afford regular services so, learn how to do it yourself.
- The car after usage is extremely hot. Never open it and touch. Give it some time to cool down and you can hold it.
- Don’t allow toddlers to come near these cars. They might be dangerous for really small kids.
No wonder that these cars are fun but as it is said, precaution is better than cure. Make sure you take care of all the important safety measures related to these cars.
Well, the race has just finished. I would like to conclude this review by saying that best RC cars are more than what you would have ever expected. These not just make you feel stimulated but also gives you a great hobby. Since this is an outdoor sport, you will give up your gadgets and come out in the sunlight and fresh air.
The kind of goosebumps you get when the car races up and moves like electricity is undefinable. As far as my favorite model is concerned, I was quite tempted and attracted towards ARRMA granite monster truck. I have good features and great qualities. The strength, construction, and durability, is more than what you expect. So, my choice is this truck. However, all the others mentioned in the list are equally brilliant and considerable.