The robot dog toys are incredibly popular among buyers. Kids really love to have them around and parents are more than willing to buy them for their kids. It is especially great for someone who wants to buy a real dog and want the kids to warm up to the idea. Buying them the best robot dog toys will help in connecting to the species and hence, kids usually get open to the idea of having a real dog. These toys have amazing features such as they respond to the voice commands. Moreover, the feeling that you get on touching is similar to a living dog. Therefore, there are a lot of things that these toys help your kids to fancy about.
Their construction is done with innovative technology. There are some toys that also allow you to feel the heartbeat vibration as you touch it. Technology has no bounds and this is one of the wonders of innovation that you can buy for your kids. While there are so many options served on the table, the biggest quest is to find an appropriate product that incorporates all the features, perform well, and have durability quotient so that you can pass it on from one child to another.
Without any further ado, let’s take a look at some of the crucial points to keep in check while purchasing these toys.
How to Choose the Best Robot Dog Toy?
While there are not many features that you are needed to look out for while buying the best robot dog toy. However, the ones that are crucial are listed below:
You can gift these little pets for your kids or your parents. Old people that had dogs for their entire life really admire the robotic dogs. However, it is meant to provide a realistic feel to the user. The realism comes from how the toy appears, the coat given to it, its body texture and its way of responding to other people’s commands. Buyers appreciate the toys that are closer to real life dogs. There are some brands that manufacture high-quality fur coats to give it an original feel.
The second crucial thing is the sound of the toy. It is very important especially if you are buying it for a blind person. They can feel or hear to realize how close a toy is to its lice counterpart. Therefore, it is essential to see if the toy creates the original voice of a dog.
Luckily for us, the technology is going at its peak so you can find plenty of realistic dog toys available in the market. However, selecting the right model can be challenging sometimes because there are way too many options to confuse you.
However, for your help, we have created a list of recommendations below that are great in quality and give the feel of realism to the user.
For the people that are getting accustomed to the idea of having a pet around at home, this is a good start. Of course, a real-life dog is something completely different because it does not work on any technology but these can at least give you a little training on how to be around the live one.
The technology used in the making of these toys is exceptionally extraordinary. Different brands use a different kind of technology while making these robotic toys. While they look alike, their core functioning could be extremely different.
As a layman and a conventional user who doesn’t know technology in depth, you just need to make sure that the toy has an interactive design and technology. Simply check if it can move, jump, understand commands, and feel real. That’s where your tasks end. You don’t have to go deep inside the kind of technology used inside.
There is versatility in the type of robotic dogs available in the market. It helps you make a choice. Whether you want to buy a large dog or a small puppy. There is a choice available in sizes and types. You need to make a selection based on the person you are buying it for. Also, the kind of size that they will like to play with.
If you are buying it for a child, make sure it’s not too big that the kid is not able to handle it. Rather, it should be something easy to manage and playful. If you are buying it for your grandparents then you can go higher in size.
As far as design is concerned, you should make sure that the dog doesn’t scare people away, especially if you are gifting for the first time. It should have soft, cuddly, and attractive appearance in soothing color so that everyone could play with it. Most of the people don’t admire large dogs with a lethal look. So, be sure of the design and size while hitting the buy button.
Now, you might think that after all it’s a toy, what kind of safety would you need from it. Well, yes it’s a toy. But even these toys can put your life in jeopardy. Kids have a habit of licking their toys. You can’t stop them. But one thing that you can stop is to get them toys that are made of safe material and do not have any chemical coating on the top. Make sure that there are no BPA and phthalates like irritants used on the toy. Also, you should check the high-quality batteries are installed in the machine that doesn’t heat up on prolonged usage and burst. One more thing, make sure that the battery area is hard to reach and inaccessible for the kids. They should not reach that area, take out the batteries or get in touch with them. These are some of the common safety precautions that you can take.
Let me tell you one thing that top-tier brands in the market that manufacture robot dog toy price their products heftily. If you are spending so much on a toy then least that you expect from it is to last longer.
While kids play with these toys, they have to go through a lot of abuse. Sometimes, they just throw their toys away or smack them on the floor. Such wear and tear can break the toy. However, it is extremely disappointing to see such expensive toys to tear apart.
Therefore, if you plan to get the full value of your money then make sure the toy is durable. It somehow comes down to the material used in the making of the toy. The movable parts attached to the toy should be snap-proof. Some of these parts include the tail, legs, etc. These features are crucial so that even if the child tear it apart, the toy can still work and you can put it together.
All these points are crucial so that you can make a purchase of the best model in the market. If you want to cut to the chase and directly pick a suitable model then in the below section, I am going to make some recommendations.
Top 8 Best Robot Dog Toys in 2020 Reviews
Now, in this next section, I will give you suggestions on the best robot dog toys available in the market. These products are popular among the buyers for their manufacturing. Let’s explore the top-notch choices:
|1. Joy For All Companion Pet Dog||Best In Class Robot Dog||4.7|
|2. We Offer What You Want Electronic Dog||Cost-Effective Robotic Dog Toy||4.5|
|3. Hi-Tech Optoelectronics Wireless Dog||Unique Technology Robot Dog||4.0|
|4. FISCA Remote Control Dog Toy||Innovative Technology Robot Toy||4.4|
|5. Zoomer Interactive Puppy||One-of-a-kind Robot Dog Toy||4.0|
|6. Zoomer Playful Pup||Cutest Robot Dog Toy||3.8|
|7. Paw Patrol Action Pack Pup||Most Durable Robotic Dog Toy||4.0|
|8. Tenko Newborn Pet Dog||Most Affectionate Dog Toy||3.5|
1. Joy For All Companion Pet Dog – Best In Class Robot Dog
Joy for All brand has given some of the most spectacular products to the customer. This cuddly pet dog is a timeless piece with stunning looks and is more realistic than any other dog in the market. It’s appearance fairly resemble the live dog.
- The movement and sound of this puppy are just like a real one. It opens and closes its eyes and has got head movement to look up and down. Moreover, it wags its tail and closes and open its mouth.
- The features like heartbeat give you a more realistic feel. The coat is also quite original. It’s made of synthetic material.
- Interestingly, this puppy responds to the voice and bark back and turn its head at the same time.
- This is a durable model which mean even if kids are smacking it on the floor or jumping on it, this will remain unharmed.
- Smart sensors
- Great technology
- Synthetic Fur
- Responds to touch and sound
2. We Offer What You Want Electronic Dog – Cost-Effective Robotic Dog Toy
So, the next option that I am going to mention here is a little different from the former one. While this dog toy is extremely fun to have around in the house, the appearance clearly gives away that it is a toy. Unlike the previous model where it was difficult to differentiate between a toy and an original dog.
- The dimensions of the toy are 7 x 6 inches and it is suitable for kids and older people.
- The dog has all the actions of a real-life pet such as walking, barking, and making other dog sounds. It runs on batteries and requires 3AA batteries to function.
- It is designed to react and respond on touch. You will find it really cute in the house. The cute dalmatian dog toy is an ideal gift for kids and old people. It also works with Bump n Go feature.
- To make it more interesting for the kids, the toy has other features too such as it dances when you touch the head and there is a surprise for every buyer that you will find on touching its backside.
- Great features
- Attractive looks
- Comes with a surprise
- The batteries have to be purchased separately
3. Hi-Tech Optoelectronics Wireless Dog – Unique Technology Robot Dog
This model from Hi-Tech looks like a robotic dog. It does not resemble real-life dog but the features are quite interesting. The company has given it a name called Dada. Unlike other models, you can operate this one with remote control.
- The range of the remote control is 50 feet long. You can change the eye color as the sound in the environment changes.
- It is a fully functional model that can sing, dance, crawl, shake his head, etc. on your command. You can select a function from the remote to make it entertain you.
- The most unique part of this toy is that there is a study mode in which the alphabets appear in the eyes of the dog to help your kids study.
- This product does not run on independent batteries as it is rechargeable. You can simply put it on charging and once it is done, allow Dada to entertain your entire family.
- Compact size
- Highly interactive and responsive
- Long lasting battery
- The appearance is typically like a robot
- No realism
4. FISCA Remote Control Dog Toy – Innovative Technology Robot Toy
In the list of best robot dog toys, another model that definitely deserves a position is this wonderful product from FISCA. This might look too robotic but it will make you feel as if you own a real-life dog with its unique and classic features.
- There are various interactive features of this toy such as when you touch its head, it will show some of the cutest moves.
- Since this is a programming toy, you can feed the function of your choice. After that, once it receives the command, it will perform accordingly.
- To make it more entertaining, this model is enriched with 4 different dances. Kids can also join him.
- Other features available with this model are walking backward and forward, looking left and right, blink, head spin, patrol, demo, etc. You can control all these actions through remote control.
- It is made with high-quality plastic material which will not hurt kids. It operates on 3.7V rechargeable batteries.
- Fully programmable
- Great in activities
- Smart sensors
- The batteries are not included with the product
5. Zoomer Interactive Puppy – One-of-a-kind Robot Dog Toy
During my research, this is a model that I came across a couple of times. Zoomer has progressed immensely in manufacturing the highest-quality products. The toy is extremely cute in appearance and has the appeal to attract anyone who looks at it. This one can be your child’s best friend.
- This model is brilliant. It can bark, talk, and scoot like a real-life dog. Be ready to play with the Zoomer as it is all set to entertain you.
- The technology is quite modern due to which you can teach your dog new tricks. He can learn how to lay down, sit, roll-over, shake a paw, speak, etc. It is capable of learning all these new tricks.
- Zoomer is a smart toy. It is capable to understand multiple languages such as French, Spanish, and English.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery and USB cable to function the dog toy. Other than that there is an instruction guide and a reference guide.
- Rechargeable battery
- Understand various languages
- Comes with an instruction and reference guide
- The battery life is small
6. Zoomer Playful Pup – Cutest Robot Dog Toy
When I checked Zoomer products, this is another model that caught my eye. It is such an adorable little pup that at first glance, you will want to bring it home. Zoomer has also got all the essential features of a robot dog toy and make everyone feel lively around it.
- It has got spectacular and cutest looks with wide big eyes and dwarf body. The ears and tail are made of the synthetic coat which provides realistic feel when you touch them. It responds to the voice and touch of the user.
- When you cuddle or snuggle with this toy, it barks with delight and entertains everyone around in the house. You can give it a name and program it so that he comes running when you call.
- There are more than 25 tricks that you can teach the pup and it will take voice commands to perform the tricks. Some of the tricks include shaking a paw, play dead, or more.
- It is a rechargeable dog that can perform for hours with a single charge. You get a charging USP and instruction book along with the product.
- Looks adorable
- Take voice commands
- Multiple features
- Does not take a lot of abuse
7. Paw Patrol Action Pack Pup – Most Durable Robotic Dog Toy
For the kids that love superheroes, this pup will surely make them feel that it has come from their world. It is dressed too cutely in a superhero uniform. The most wonderful part is that this robot toy is able to fly and keep people mesmerized around.
- You can select the flying mode and transform a walking dog into a super flying dog. For this, you just have to press a button to convert its legs into flight mode and after the success of the task, the legs will return to the normal landing position.
- It is an action pack robot dog that adventurous kids love to have around the house.
- It has rechargeable batteries so you don’t have to purchase the AAA batteries separately to operate this toy.
- The looks of this model are too cute. It comes with a flying pack and manual to help you understand everything about this toy.
- Great quality
- Interesting technology
- Not suitable for elder kids
8. Tenko Newborn Pet Dog – Most Affectionate Dog Toy
So, the last model that I will add in this list is this cute doggy toy from Tenko. It is a pup that attracts everyone who looks at it. The simplistic designing and cute features are definitely an advantage of this model that you will highly appreciate.
- This puppy loves to jump, walk, beg, and play with its master. It is so cuddly that you will find your kids playing with the dog for hours.
- Tenko Dog responds to the voice and touches and its eyes glow as soon as you turn it on. It is programmed to act like an 8 week newborn dog.
- Tenko Dog has unique ways of interacting with users. It wiggles its tail and ears and also interacts with other Tenko products. Suppose if you buy two robot dog toys from Tenko then you will find them interacting with each other often.
- It is also programmed to jump on your hand with a command. This is a fantastic toy that keeps kids as well as adults busy.
- Extremely cute
- Suitably priced
- Amazing features
- Don’t give the feel of realism through its looks
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, I will target the commonly asked question from the users. These will help you give a better idea about the robot dog toys.
1. How well do they interact?
The interaction is the center of attraction of these toys. They give you a feel of realism around. That is why this feature must not be avoided.
Usually, these dogs are great at moving and shaking their tails, begging, jumping, cuddling, dancing, and all the other significant features that a real-life dog would do.
In the recommendations above, we have checked the toys on how better they interact. They mostly respond to the sight, touch, and sound of the user.
The performance of a toy depends on how splendidly it is able to do all the functions. It should be able to respond on petted and rubbed or when it hears its name.
All these toys have varying level of interaction
2. How easy is it to train and use?
It is no point buying a toy that is complex in functioning. You might like the looks of the toy and or its durability. But if you are having a hard time learning the ways to train them, it will be useless making such purchase.
You need to purchase a toy that is easy to train. Usually, a high-end model doesn’t take a lot of time to understand the commands and instructions. Such models are better to purchase than some cheap model that just don’t understand your language.
3. How durable are these dog toys?
Durability is the biggest question. Usually, when a manufacturer makes a robot toy, he gives enough emphasis on the durability quotient. Since these are kid’s products, it is sure to experience abuse. That is why you need to make sure that either it comes with a warranty or rely on other buyer’s reviews to know if the toy is durable or not.
It’s time for me to say goodbye to all the readers. These are some of the best robot dog toys available in the market that are ensured of high-quality, responsiveness, and durability.
These look extremely adorable. My favorite among all is the Joy For All Companion Pet Dog because it is most realistic in appearance and possesses all the significant features that these toys must have.
It is quite durable and loves not just by the kids but also the adults. Other models that you can find above are thrilling and brilliant in performance. However, they don’t appear as authentic.
From the pool of options available in the market, these are the ones that are the most delivering and productive. I leave the rest to you. Happy Shopping!