Battery backup is amongst the most important aspects to consider when purchasing any electronic device. The battery life of a Bluetooth speaker has to be good as it’s built to be a portable player that people usually carry when traveling. Although one of the most neglected aspects of using electronic devices, battery life is highly dependent on the manner they are used and charged. Let us take a look at the best practices for charging your JBL Flip 3 and JBL Flip 4 to get a battery life of almost 10 hours.
How to charge JBL Flip 3?
JBL Flip 3 is powered by a 3000mAh powerful battery that is meant to last for over 10 hours. The backup is largely dependent on the audio content and the volume. If we check out customer reviews, it is clear that when played at 50% volume, the device will easily last for almost 10 hours. JBL Flip3 is one of its kind waterproof Bluetooth speakers that have grown in popularity over the years. The easy to charge Lithium-ion battery can be recharged using a Micro-USB cable provided in its audio kit. You can surely expect to have a perfect player that lasts the all-night parties. The long-lasting backup also works great when you are on an adventure trip with limited recharging options.
Charging Instructions for JBL Flip3
It’s simple as you only need to plug in the Micro USB to a laptop or a device that provides a USB charging slot. For 100% charging, it roughly takes around 3 to 3.5 hours. By following the steps below, it is possible to charge JBL Flip 3 effectively.
- The speaker comes with a covered charging slot. The cover acts as a protection against any water damage. To charge, you need to pull the cover and locate the USB slot to plug in your charger.
- Check the opposite side of the speaker to see the battery indicator. It is a three-dot LED indicator that should be off.
- Plug the smaller end of your USB cable to the USB slot in JBL Flip3. It is beside the other auxiliary pin cable slot to connect headphones.
- Plug the larger end of the USB charging port to a USB charging extension or your laptop. It is very simple to use the USB charger that comes in the charging kit of your JBL Fli3.
- Now plug in the USB charger extension and follow this up by switching on the electric point to initiate charging.
- The moment charging is initiated; the charging slots LED indicators to start blinking and confirm that the device is charging.
- Once the battery is 100% charged, the LED dots will stop blinking and would glow altogether.
- These LED lights would also indicate low battery if they turn red. It is an indicator that you need to charge the device.
- After the charging is complete, plug out the USB cable and put on the cover back.
How to Charge JBL Flip 4?
JBL Flip 4 was launched after JBL Flip 3 and carried over the legacy of the latter. It is a powerhouse that besides being portable, offers a great amount of punch despite being smaller in size. The waterproof speaker is certainly a step forward as compared to its predecessor. It offers a battery life of over 12 hours and comes with an option to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices at once.
Another striking feature is its ability to be connected to other JBL Bluetooth speakers. Just like JBL Flip 3, the only thing that’s needed is a micro-USB and a power source to connect the USB cable and charge.
Charging Instructions for JBL Flip 4
- Like you would do in case of JBL Flip 3, locate the input cover at the back of the speaker. The input point is located on the right of the Power and Multi-Speaker buttons saying Flip 4 over it.
- Opening the cover would reveal an input point for a 3.5 mm audio cable and a micro-USB cable.
- Insert the smaller end (flatter of the two outputs) of the micro-USB cable to the input area. It is recommended to use the USB cable that comes with the charging kit of the device.
- Connect the larger end of the cable to a high-power USB port on a laptop or a device.
- The moment both ends of the USB cables connect, the dots on the right of the Power icon lights up to indicate the charge level of the speaker. The final dot starts blinking intermittently. A device that is low on charge might show up two static lights wherein the second one will start blinking.
- The JBL Flip 4 speaker is fully charged the moment you see the right dots lit up and none of them blinking.
Both JBL Flip 3 and 4 come with a manual, charging kit and instructions for the users. It is also possible to change the battery if there is any damage. JBL also offers free support within the warranty period for fixing any battery-related issues. While charging, the only thing you need to take care of is connecting the USB ports to the right points. For instance, desk phone or a computer monitor is certainly not the right source for charging the device.
Moreover, once both ends of the USB cable connects to the right points and you see no lights despite the source points being powered on, it is recommended to use a different power source. You might even change the micro-USB cable if needed. There shouldn’t be any problems charging the device if you are connecting it to the right sources and using the USB cable provided in the charging kit of your device.