A speaker that has a design for reproducing bass is known as a subwoofer. Subwoofers typically operate between the ranges of 20-200 Hz. Those subwoofers that are in a lower range generate a deeper tone and have no lower-mid range sound. Grade A subwoofers generally operate under 100 Hz. The subs below 100 Hz are of professional quality. Mostly, car and home audio subwoofers have an operating frequency of more than 100 Hz.
The component subs can also add more sound and power to your music. For a well-rounded stereo in your car, it is amongst the most critical components. When you get one of best available car subwoofers for your stereo, you will have a hard time believing that you listened to the music for so long without using subwoofers.
How to Choose the Best MTX Subwoofers
All drivers out there may not feel like it. Still, those drivers who value audio car products with excellent performance know very well that this MTX is the most trusted brand for car audio products. It has some best MTX subwoofers available. MTX has subs, speakers, and amps of excellent quality.
It has been almost over 40 years since MTX subwoofers have produced excellent quality audio products for the car. Using an amplifier or sub from MTX is the best way to further improve listening in the car.
This MTX is the creators of the audio market for cars. It has always managed to stay ahead in the competition as it continued improving its technology this whole time. It is safe to say that you are not going to regret any amplifier or sub you bought from MTX.
However, MTX has a wide range of subs available in their catalog, so you may feel trouble while choosing the right one for you. But do not worry yet as I am going to list the best five MTX subwoofers available, and you can easily choose one as you like.
Top 5 Best MTX Subwoofers in 2021 on the Market
|1. MTX TNP212DV Audio Terminator Series||4.8|
|2. MB210SP MTX Magnum Dual 10 inch Enclosure||4.8|
|3. MTX TSW12 12" 150W Vented Powered Subwoofer||4.7|
|4. MTX TNE212D Subwoofer Box||4.7|
|5. MTX Audio Subwoofers 7515-22 75 Series||4.6|
This audio terminator series of the subwoofer is in the 12-inch category. It can bring you the best sound quality in your audio system of the car. The handling power of each subwoofer is the RMS power of 500 watts.
From these best MTX subwoofers, you would be able to listen to each bass note coming out. It is possible that these subwoofers can take some more than expected space in your cabin. But if you really want the quality this sub offers you, you would not mind that much if it takes some real space or area in your truck or car.
You should not make any mistake about the fact that these are amongst the best MTX subs and are big in size. Measurements of these subs are 29.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 14 inches. You might not be capable to put these subs under car seats easily. You will need to install these subs at the backside of car seats or inside trunk. The weight of these subs is also a little heavy. They weigh around 30 pounds.
The size of these MTX subs seems enormous, but the reason behind its immense size is withstanding bumps that you encounter along the road. The subs are wrapped in a carpet of aircraft-grade in black color. All this wrapping provides it a look of the finest subwoofer.
- The color of these subs is so good that they can go in any type of car interior.
- The logos embroidered on it provide it a unique look.
- These are one the best subs available for improving the existing audio system of your car.
- The reviews available on Amazon prove that these work so well for audio systems.
- This sub performs fine even when you play for an extended period.
- Subs have a heat dissipation system.
- The size of these subs is a little big.
- You will need to install them on the backside of the seats.
Finally, the last subwoofer I will recommend from the MTX brand is this massive subwoofer of 10-inches. This subwoofer will increase the levels of the bass for your present audio system of the car. No doubt, it is also more prominent in size than most other models from MTX.
The measurement of these subwoofers is 32.5 inches x 15.8 inches x 16.2 inches. The weight of these subs is around 40 or more pounds. But with the weights comes a hard-hitting sound, which every car driver wants. Most importantly, this model also comes with an amplifier present in this package. The amplifier is monoblock with 800 watts. Therefore, you do not need to search for an amplifier; you need to pair with a sub. You will also feel the right level bass using this subwoofer.
- The Magnum included in the package means that you do not need to over or underdrive your subwoofer.
- The installation process is easy-peasy with the amplifier and subwoofer package given by MTX.
- For installation, you need an amp kit, speaker wire, and you can easily install the subs.
- The sound quality is good, so you will not be dissatisfied with this sub.
- It hits very hard; therefore, you can actually feel the level of bass.
- This sub is a definite recommendation for heavy music listeners.
- You might need to completely adjust the bass level to get a clear and clean bass.
- com reviewers have pointed out few issues with it, like the amplifier which comes with the package gets overheated.
- This subwoofer might quickly break down.
This particular subwoofer is not like the models we have discussed before. The enclosure of this subwoofer will not take too much space inside truck or your cabin.
The design of this subwoofer is distinct. It has a cylindrical structure. The carpeted finishing touch gives it the look of the Bluetooth speakers. If we have a particular concern about the design, then it is much compact than other subs of MTX. The measurement of these subwoofers is 22 inches x 11 inches x 11 inches. They weigh around 19.4 pounds.
This sub from MTX is a recommended one for those drivers who need a good bass. However, it may not impress those audiophiles who are searching for massive power. If you are a motorist and into jazz, old rock music, and blues, or you always look for bass which is earth-shaking, in that case, this is the subwoofer you are looking for.
- Due to its compact profile, you can easily place it under your car seat.
- This sub is well-suited to SUVs, small cars, and mini trucks.
- It gives 120 watts, so you have stable and clean power.
- The pass filter of these subs is low, and it allows you to gain control; therefore, you can change sound according to your preference.
- If you want to alter the bass level sitting on your driving seat, there is a remote which you can use for changing the bass level.
- These subs come with a warranty of five years.
- In case your car space is limited, this subwoofer is on the recommendation list.
- Some Amazon.com reviewers think that unreliable bolts hold the ground and power connections of this sub.
Dual loaded subwoofers are heavy-duty subwoofers; therefore, they can take too much space in your cabin or truck. The size of these subwoofers is enormous. The measurements of subs are 32 x 16 x 16 inches. They weigh around 60 pounds. But all these things aside, these are amongst the best woofers for listening to your much-loved tracks driving along the freeway.
These subwoofers come with a 1500 watt amplifier, which is an excellent thing. If you have even a little experience of hooking up subs and speakers in the car, then installation of this model should not be a problem at all as it is a set that’s ready to hook-up.
- The amplifier that comes with the subs is very compact; therefore, it is very easy to slide under your car seat.
- The sound quality of these subs is quite impressive when you closely look at the sub.
- Hitting lows, mids, and highs are very easy with these subs.
- These subs have good handling power.
- They hit hard as they are pretty loud.
- As the size of these subs is immense, you may need to put these at the backside of the car seats or in the trunk.
- The wires of these subs are very thin. Many reviewers said that they had to buy thicker wires for installing these subs.
- Apart from these subwoofers’ size/weight issues, there are some other complaints on Amazon.com that this model is not very affordable looking at its price.
Other subwoofers that may change the audio system of your car for a useful purpose are these.
These subs have a spider plateau for venting, which allows the cold air to vent around. This feature is expected in the MTX subwoofers. These subs have a basket of cast aluminum, which can decrease resonance. It also translates the resonance into a better sound. These subs have terminals with 8AWG compression that gives way to a good connection for speaker wire. The voice coil may endure playing conditions of extreme level.
This model of subwoofers has a 7.7 inches mounting depth. The power handling capacity of these subs is up to 500 watts of RMS.
- The cone of glass fiber maintains its shape in even extended plays, which is a plus point.
- There is no fear of overheating of the sub as the fiber cone is light and tough; you can keep playing for hours and hours.
- This sub is easy to connect with a mono amplifier as it has 4-ohm double voice coils.
- To install this subwoofer, you might need professional help.
- You must put it in a wrapped enclosure to get a decent possible sound.
- You may need to pair it up with an amplifier for getting a deep bass that you may try to hear.
What to Look For While Selecting the Best MTX Subwoofers
If you think about it, the car subs are typically the oversized speakers. These speakers need more power, material, and space than you expect. While buying the best MTX subwoofers, keep the following points in your mind:
Speaker Material and Design
With a good design and material, you can round your system and add a cool audio level to the car system. To understand the design and material of your speaker, first, check the woofer. The more lightweight and stiffer the material is, the better subwoofer you will have. Secondly, check the woofer surrounding. Woofers can move easily when the material is lightweight and free moving. Wear and tear, along with humidity levels, can break the immediate surrounding of the woofers. Rubber forms are long-lasting.
There can be various power handling ranges for subs, but you must look for RMS and sensitivity. Sensitivity is a measure of efficiency. Higher sensitivity can make the subwoofer more efficient. Therefore, you must look for power handling.
Enclosure specs are critical while purchasing subwoofers. Subs must have a dedicated enclosure. An enclosure can be sealed or ported. A sealed enclosure is a standard enclosure for the right bass level. A ported enclosure is good for outdoor purposes but has a low bass.
The final verdict is that the best MTX subwoofers are the ones mentioned above. These subwoofers have a lot of power handling and a good design. Whichever model you use, the ultimate subwoofer for a good car audio system is by MTX.