True music lovers want to listen to their favorite tunes wherever they go. Fortunately, apps like Spotify, Pandora, Soundcloud, Apple Music, Deezer allows you to enjoy your favorite music from any location, using headphones, but they can be limiting.
This is why the best iPhone speaker docks are a great way to enjoy music without limitations.
But guess what? We have researched the market and narrowed the list to the 5 best iPhone speaker docks that’ll deliver outstanding audio quality and charge your phone simultaneously. Under each option is a mini-review to see what your preferences are and what each speaker dock is made of.
Read more: Best Speaker for Echo Dot
What is an iPhone Speaker Dock?
An iPhone speaker dock is a system on which you can place your iPhone device to playback music, and also charge its battery. The speaker dock is convenient, user-friendly, functional, and usually comes with a great sound.
There are two kinds of docking stations: standalone and combined.
Standalone Speaker Dock: Standalone speaker docks are the smallest and easy to carry around. It comes with a significant feature, which is a dock. The standalone speaker dock is easy to use as you can plug it into your iPhone and listen to music while outdoors. Thanks to their lightweight and battery power.
Also, they double as a charger and are best used with comfortable to transport small devices, such as phones, iPods etc. They are affordable than other similar devices, making them a good option if you’re on a low budget.
Combined: Unlike the standalone dock, the combined speaker docks come with a radio, alarm, etc. These features make it less convenient to carry around and are usually main powered or have rechargeable batteries.
You can always use combined speakers in place of the sound system in your apartment to save space. Both small and large devices work well with the combined docks.
Things to look out for when buying the best iPhone speaker dock
When trying to get an iPhone speaker dock, one of the factors to consider is compatibility. You should ensure the speaker dock supports your iPhone version. Be more specific if your iPhone is an older version. Also, pay attention to the audio quality and driver of the speaker dock.
Although a fantastic sound quality comes at a higher price, however, you should understand how the speaker dock works in specific areas. Also, other features to look out for are AirPlay, iPad compatibility, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Always look into the audio quality of your speaker dock to ensure it meets your standards. Here are the main specs to look out for when considering audio quality:
- Frequency response: A frequency response shows how many components the audio will have. Average frequency response will give you an impressive balance. And the broader the frequency range, the higher the details.
- Wattage: A speaker’s wattage determines how loud the audio can be. The higher the watts, the louder it gets.
- EQ: With an EQ, you can always adjust your speaker sound according to your preference. If you don’t understand how to adjust the drivers, you can still download apps to assist you. Also, you don’t need to have a built-in EQ before listening to the music of your choice as you can use the music app on your phone.
Speaker docks come with a number of connection techniques, and you can always determine how they work to your advantage. These are the primary connections to play music from your charging dock:
- 3.5mm AUX: connecting with AUX is an impressive method as most devices feature 3.5mm inputs. The quality of the cable will determine how good the audio of the speaker dock will be. With AUX, you can extend the cable length to your preferred length. Also, make sure the cable isn’t damaged; otherwise, the audio won’t be of quality.
- Bluetooth: A great alternative to AUX is Bluetooth since you can enjoy wireless freedom. Your device needs to be within 33-feet of room space, which is more than adequate for most rooms. This means you can connect other electronics to the charging dock.
- Charging port: the newer iPhones don’t feature 3.5mm inputs, meaning you only need to put the smartphone into the charging port for audio streaming. By doing this, you can simultaneously play music and recharge your smartphone.
Battery life is a top factor to consider when choosing the best iPhone speaker dock. You don’t want to recharge the speaker every hour after use. Some speaker docks can serve you up to 25 hours without a recharge, but the typical battery life depends on its well-being.
The amount of electricity consumed by your speaker will determine how its sound volume and this can drain the battery even further. So, make sure your speaker dock has a good battery life to enjoy playing your favorite music without having to charge it occasionally.
The iPhone speaker dock brand you’ll be choosing is essential. Make sure you purchase from a trusted and famous brand. Bigger brands offers numerous benefits like year of warranties, 24/7 customer support, etc.
However, you can as well go with a less popular brand of iPhone speaker dock, but ensure you’ve the right information about them beforehand. Reviews are available online, so you can see how the previous buyers view their products.
You need an iPhone speaker dock that’s compatible with multiple devices because most require a single cable connection. Some docks can charge your phone quickly with their fast inbuilt charger. So, if your iPhone has a low battery while you’re on the go, you can always charge it with the dock.
Also, some docks features wireless connection and have long-lasting battery life. Besides, the iPhone speaker docks incorporate easy to operate buttons with which you can adjust the audio volume, shuffle songs, and pause/play when required. The docks are compact in sizes, meaning they require little space to situate them.
Types of iPhone speaker docks
As you probably know, the kind of speaker dock you will be getting depends on your iPhone model. The old apple devices come with a 30-pin dock connector, while the new models (specifically from iPhone 8 and above) use the lightning connector, which is the 8-pin docking port, and this includes the latest iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
There are speculations that Apple may replace the lightning connector with a USB-C connector, but this isn’t confirmed yet. Recent iPhone models follow the Qi wireless charging protocol, so you must put this in mind.
Dock connectors and supported charging choices
Speaker docks come with different connectors, just as you find iPhones with charging and connecting options. There are still several docks with the outdated 30-connector and this cannot be used with the recent iPhone models unless you’ve an adapter for it, and this won’t be convenient anymore.
The best thing to do if your iPhone has a lightning port is to look for a speaker dock that supports it. The recent iPhones come with wireless charging, so you can find a dock that is Qi-enabled.
As discussed above, the recent iPhone speaker docks are Qi-enabled to keep up with Apple’s updates on their phones. There are still older docks with lightning docks available, but they are noticeably fewer than Qi-enabled speakers.
This is because Qi-enabled speakers were more convenient with their lack of physical connectors. If your iPhone supports wireless charging, you can definitely go for a Qi-enabled docking station with a speaker. However, as advantageous as it may seem, you need to consider the disadvantages of a Qi-enabled speaker and understand how they work.
Bluetooth enabled or wireless speaker docks
Some speaker docks uses Bluetooth wireless technology to connect Apple device and stream music through it.
- Affordable than Wi-Fi speaker docks.
- Easier to connect to a wide range of Apple devices such as iPod, iPhone, etc.
- You can only listen to music from your device through a speaker at a time, and the range is minimal.
- You cannot move your phone so far away from your speaker, or the connection will be broken.
In general, connecting through Bluetooth is simpler than connecting via Wi-Fi because a good number of Bluetooth speaker docks include Near Field Communication (NFC), which allows two devices such as your smartphone and speaker to be connected with just a tap.
Wi-Fi speaker’s docks
Enable making use of your home network to get a stable and strong signal.
- Wi-Fi allows you to stream multiple speakers at the same time. Plus, you can always move your device around without having to be near your speaker dock.
- The traffic of your network can affect your audio quality as a result of the bandwidth limitations.
A standard Wi-Fi setup mandates downloading an app and following various steps, which will probably include choosing a network ID and entering its password as part of the procedure.
Top 5 Best iPhone Speaker Docks in 2021 Review
|2. Bose SoundDock Series III Lightning Connector||Best for Outstanding Audio Quality||4.8|
|1. Belkin Wireless Charging Speaker||Best for Quick Recharge||4.8|
|3. AzpenDockall D100 - Qi Wireless Charger Speaker||Best for High-quality Sound||4.6|
|4. Bose Sounddock XT Speaker Dock||Most Pocket-friendly||4.6|
|5. DPNAO Alarm Clock, Wireless Charging Dock Speaker||Best for Multi-tasking||4.5|
1. Belkin Wireless Charging Speaker – Best for Quick Recharge
The Belkin is known for its variety of wireless chargers as it combines the wireless charging feature with a home speaker. It comes with an integrated microphone for precise, crystal clear phone and video calls.
This item features a wireless charging stand plus a speaker that allows you to enjoy music, calls, videos and many more. And it is equipped with a one-touch Bluetooth pairing for music or video amplification. Plus, it is constructed for convenience thanks to its comfortable stand.
- Works with Qi-enabled Apple devices
- One-touch Bluetooth pairing.
- Wirelessly charges at a speed of up to 10W.
- Crystal-clear speaker and microphone
- Speaker Active Matching technology ensures Belkin Wireless Charging Speaker performs at its best.
- Deep and crystal clear sound is produced.
- Fast wireless charging optimized for iPhone.
- No other app was featured except google chrome.
2. Bose SoundDock Series III Lightning Connector – Best for Outstanding Audio Quality
The SoundDock Series III digital music system allows you to enjoy your favorite tune from any iPod or iPhone model. Not only can you connect your device to play music, but the system also comes with an additional input that lets you connect other audio devices with ease.
This Dock speaker is portable and features accessories like a remote for controlling the system and essential functions of your apple device. Also, it features an Apple Lightning connector and provides you a clear audible sound while simultaneously charging your phone.
All in all, this unit is popular for its fantastic audio that works well with any genre of music. The bass is rich to the ears and makes your music experience enjoyable.
- Weighs 4.6 pounds.
- Traditional 30-pin connector and a lightning connector.
- AC power cord for power.
- 5mm auxiliary cord for playback devices
- Operation is user-oriented.
- Crisp and clear audio quality.
- The Bass sound is compelling.
- Sleek and attractive design
- Perfect for in-house use.
- Cannot recharge IPad devices.
3. AzpenDockall D100 – Qi Wireless Charger Speaker – Best for High-quality Sound
With a Bluetooth 4.0 speaker system, the DockAll D100 is an impressive Qi wireless charging speaker dock that allows you to enjoy fantastic sound from its 5 watts Dual Channel speakers. It comes with two USB ports, an internal microphone, front panel controls, and an SD slot.
Besides, the Azpen DockAll Charger Speaker provides you the ability to charge multiple devices through a wired connection or wireless connection. With Qi wireless charging technology, when sitting on the dock – whether horizontally or vertically – the speaker charger can be wirelessly connected to your phones using the two USB ports on the docking station’s back.
- Qi Wireless charging built-in for Qi-enabled devices.
- Bluetooth 4.0 feature.
- Double Hi-Fi Speakers with dual reflex ports
- LED Light.
- USB ports for wired charging
- MicroSD Card slot
- Compatible with both Wireless and Wired devices.
- Works with Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Compatible with Qi wireless phones
- The speaker volume is limited to in-house use.
4. Bose Sounddock XT Speaker Dock – Most Pocket-friendly
The Bose SoundDock XT Speaker Dock comes with a new Bose Acoustic Concept that creates in a small structure – a complete imitation of the frequency spectrum. It has applied Digital Signal Processing Algorithms to all the music played to enhance the sound quality.
The Speaker dock is compatible with lightning-connected iPhones and iPods. Via lightning, you can conveniently attach your iPhone to the dock, and charge them while streaming music.
Its lightweight nature allows you to carry it around and enjoy the strong audio coming from it. Also, it’s thrilling and enticing to see the unusual port design.
- Works with Apple devices with a lightning connector.
- Comes with a 3.5mm jack for your third-party player.
- Bluetooth is omitted
- Sound quality is preferable to most docks on the market.
- Pocket friendly
- Very cool looking outer design
- No Bluetooth option.
5. DPNAO Alarm Clock, Wireless Charging Dock Speaker – Best for Multi-tasking
If you are looking for a speaker with an alarm clock, a wireless charging station, and a night light, this device will meet your expectations.
With its fast wireless charging, you can charge your Apple device from iPhone 8 onwards. And there is also a USB charging port at the speaker’s back for a wired phone with the appropriate connection.
This is also a Night Light digital alarm clock featuring a click snooze button, and when it rings, it is loud enough to wake you. The night light behind the wireless charging stand is warm yellow light and is adjustable to three brightness levels that can be adjusted with a touch.
- Wireless charging dock.
- USB charging port for wired devices.
- Bluetooth -enabled.
- Night light/lamp function.
- Dual alarm with snooze
- The display shows digital clock time.
- Adjustable control for display and night light
- Works with all wireless devices.
- Wireless charging does not work with the phone case on.
iPhone Speaker Docks FAQs
What’s the best budget iPhone speaker dock?
The Bose Sounddock Series III lightning connector is a fantastic speaker boasting high-quality audio, portability, and a tremendous outer look. It’s suitable for a small gathering party. And the sound is clear and distortion-free.
Can I get a great iPhone speaker Docks less than $100
Yes, you can! An excellent example of a dock that falls under the $100 budget is The Retro Tech Multi-Station Dock. This dock delivers impressive audio quality audio and superb frequency response. There are built-in buttons that allow you to make use of the dock the way you prefer.
Of course, this isn’t the only $100 budget dock in the market. A good number of them are excellent and encourage wireless charging. As we said earlier, these speaker docks are made of high-quality materials such as advanced drivers to balance the sound frequencies.
Do I need an iPhone Speaker Docking Station?
You don’t need to have a docking speaker if you feel it’s unnecessary. It is up to you and why you want to get it. However, you should get a dock if you want to limit the amount of space a H-iFi system occupies.
Are docking speakers still relevant?
The idea of a docking station may seem old-fashioned, especially that Apple came up with the concept of Airpods, but they are still beneficial and easy to use. Although wireless streaming is now a lot popular, you can always listen to music and charge your device with a speaker dock.
A good number of people find it more convenient to watch videos and listen through their speaker docks because you can place it anywhere you want. Companies keep producing these technologies, and people keep buying them regardless of the recent upgrades in the technology world. So yes, they are still relevant!
To finish with this guide, we have reviewed above, 5 of the best iPhone speaker dock, the one that will fill your quality sound. We have given you the factors to consider when choosing the best iPhone speaker dock.