Fitbits are physical activity trackers that have been designed in many dimensions (shapes and sizes). It’s the ideal partner to have with you all the time, as it also keeps track of the number of steps you take but also include some exciting highlights that monitor your sleep pattern. It is particularly good for those who exercise regularly. The best Fitbit for women folk depends on your needs and individual choice.
Read more: Top 10 Best Fitbit for Men
How To Choose The Best Fitbit For Women
Apart from being one of the most sought after fitness partner for working women with a busy lifestyle, it can also be worn as a fashion accessory. You can remain fit while juggling a five to nine job, struggling with house chores or taking care of your toddlers, the list goes on.
The best Fitbit for women comes in handy to help you stay fit, monitor your health and most importantly live your life. The type that you choose depends on your lifestyle and requirements. Below are some of the things to look out for when choosing the best Fitbit for women:
1. It keeps tracks of woman healthiness
The device works with the Fitbit app to track female health through their cycle; log the symptoms and much more.
2. Alarm system
In built alarm system that can be set to go off and whenever you set it. This means it helps you keep track of time, organise your schedule and get in an exercise in your free time.
3. Steps climbed
Some of the Fitbit have a feature—altimeter that helps records the number of steps you take.
While some have inbuilt GPS, with others, you will have to connect the wellness tracker to the GPS on your smartphone. You can monitor your movement and keep track of your location while walking, running, or hiking.
5. Pulse tracker
From its position strapped to your wrist, some Fitbit for women can monitor your heart rate using Fitbit’s PurePulse technology. They can also take a snapshot of your cardiovascular fitness by calculating your user routine, heartbeat, and data from your exercise rate.
With all this information at your disposal, it can be used to hasten with your physical fitness progress. Some even go as far as taking note of the oxygen level in the blood as a health indicator. With all the metrics it measures, you can keep a tab on the condition of your heart.
6. Water resistance and swimming monitor
All Fitbit types have a water resistance of about 50 meters, and some will even go as far as tracking swimming basics such as laps and calories. You can put it on while swimming and you need not worry about water getting into it.
7. Make calls and read messages
Making calls and sending text messages with Fibits products is extremely user-friendly as –it displays the ID of your caller when linked with any smart device such as a smartphone. The wristbands too show you text, and you can choose music from the screen touch display and store close to 300 songs on the Fitbit device. With these features missing important calls with text messages becomes a thing of the past.
8. Sport recognition
Some of the Fitbits have multi-sport tracking features that can detect the type of exercise you are involved in. Take for instance, they can detect that you’re running, cycling, hiking or playing football or tennis or aerobic workouts (such as Zumba or dance workouts) and record the specific workout on the Fitbit app.
SmartTrack consequently records and shows your training statistics such as: For example, calories consumed heart pulse and time of the activity.
9. Reminder to keep on the move
All Fitbit tracker wrist band have the reminder features that can be personalized to fit into your schedule. They can also be placed on “Do Not Disturb” mode as you want it. It encourages you to meet a mini-step goal of 2-3 minutes in an hour.
It reminds you to maintain a daily exercise routine for a healthier lifestyle. Then the DND makes sure the reminder does not interrupt you should you be in the midst of an important meeting or appointment.
10. Sleep monitor
It gets even better; they can monitor your sleep pattern and measure the quality of your sleep. With newer features installed in the latest model of Fitbit, estimation from heart-rate variability can be used to measure the time spent in light, deep, and REM sleep to predict your sleep quality better.
Better sleep quality can help increase productivity by improving heart rate, boost memory, and even reduce dementia risk.
11. Guided breathing exercise
Some models of fitbits are thought to guide through breathing exercises. These breathing sessions are meant to calm you, lower blood pressure, and reduce stress and anxiety among other benefits.
Benefits of Best Fitbit for Women
All Fitbits for women are armed with an accelerometer that uses your pattern of motion to predict the amount of calories you have burned, the distance covered, as well as the steps taken. It also keeps a record of your sleep pattern but only the ones with pulse tracker that can give you more information on sleep.
With these features you can be sure of:
- Your fitness, health and complete wellbeing.
- The ones with reminders can help keep the motivation to keep fit going.
- Exercise has been known to improve not just the physical but also the mental health, this translates to increased productivity.
- Some of the Fitbit products help relieve stress through the guided breathing exercise session.
- You can track your progress through the stats supplied by the device either through its display or on the Fitbit app, if the type you own does not have a screen.
Read more: Top 10 Best Fitness Tracker for Kids
Top Picks and Reviews for Best Fitbit for Women in 2020
|1. Fitbit Inspire HR||Best for Tracking Physical Activities||5.0|
|2. Fitbit Versa||Best for Fitness Coaching||4.9|
|3. Fitbit Versa Lite||Best for Eliminating Sleep Difficulty||4.7|
|4. Fitbit Inspire||Best for Monitoring Health Status||4.3|
|5. Fitbit Ionic||Best for Personalized Workouts||4.0|
1. Fitbit Inspire HR – Best for Tracking Physical Activities
With the fitbit inspire HR, an improved version of Fitbit Inspire; you can keep an eye on your heart rate. It is perfect for someone who loves running because of its real-time pace, calories burned and distance features.
This device has replaced the older Alta range with great improvements such as increased screen size for viewing notifications easily and an exchangeable wrist band. It can be worn in a variety of ways and you’ll be able takes note of the type of exercises you are engaged in quite easily.
The wrist band seem especially designed to fit on slim wrists, it can also monitor the stages of sleep quite well. If you like chic and inexpensive then this is for you.
- Has a premium design
- It is not expensive
- Can track a lot of metrics
- It can connect to GPS tracking
- Cannot measure the amount of step climbed making it not ideal for higher intensity workouts
- No Fitbit payment integration and GPS tracking is not in-built
- It cannot store or be used to display and control music
- Cannot display onscreen workout
2. Fitbit Versa – Best for Fitness Coaching
With the Fitbit inspire HR, an improved version of Fitbit Inspire; you can keep an eye on your heart rate. It is perfect for someone who loves running because of its real-time pace; calories burned, and distance features.
This device has replaced the older Alta range with great improvements such as increased screen size for viewing notifications easily and an exchangeable wrist band. It can be worn in a variety of ways, and you’ll be able to take note of the type of exercises you are engaged in quite easily.
The wrist band seems specially designed to fit on slim wrists; it can also monitor the stages of sleep quite well. If you like chic and inexpensive, then this is for you.
- Relatively inexpensive
- Feather weight design
- Can monitor heart rate effectively
- Has Fitbit accessories
- It does not boast an in-built GPS
- Can feel cheap because of its light weight
3. Fitbit Versa Lite – Best for Eliminating Sleep Difficulty
Fitbit Versa Lite fits for people with sleep difficulty as it helps track sleep pattern. It is also good for women as it helps track the menstrual cycle and has a battery life of almost four hours. Also, it’s identical to the first in the series, the Fitbit Versa and definitely cheaper.
This unit lacks the in-built GPS tracker that can be connected to a smartphone in order to have access to GPS and track your route. You also cannot download Fitbit coach support on the watch, updating it is a little different from the regular Fitbit Versa edition.
If you are comfortable with all the features of Fitbit Versa lite without the extra features to behave on Fitbit Versa, then this smartwatch is for you.
- Compatible with androids and iOS
- Quite comfortable to rock
- Good battery life
- Monitors sleep pattern
- More affordable than the previous versa model
- Cannot detect steps climbed and swim tracker is not included
- It does not have inbuilt GPS and on screen workout option
- It does not have music storage and control features
- Cannot make payment
4. Fitbit Inspire – Best for Monitoring Health Status
If you are up for a 24 hours heart and activity monitor while running errands or going about, then this is the perfect device, and you also get calls and texts notifications on the wrist band. Its five-day battery lifespan makes monitoring your feminine health easy.
It is important to mention that both your cycle and sleep with be tracked by this product. It is water-resistant, measures steps, calories, and distance covered.
SmartTrack features and multi-sport abilities and can be worn either as a clip or wrist band, with the clip accessories sold separately.
This unit is the cheapest of the Fitbit lot and does not have some of the features of the other models, such as GPS and pulse tracking, music control, sleep stages monitor, swim tracker and others.
- Easy to use features and an appealing design
- Can predict the timing of your period and has the notification for calls text messages
- It is affordable and saves money
- It tracks basic steps taken, distance moved, and amount of calories burned
- Doesn’t monitor GPS, heart rate and cannot be used to make payments
- Doesn’t measure the amount of step climbed and cannot be used for guided breathing sessions
- Cannot be used to track swimming nor monitor the sleep stages (light, deep and REM)
- Cannot store music or be used to control music on smart devices
5. Fitbit Ionic – Best for Personalized Workouts
Fitbit Ionic is a large, impressive watch with a lot of features. It can be used for unique personalized workouts and can store and play over 300 songs. With the in-built GPS system, you can track your movement, route, distance, and even heart rate from the comfort of your wrist.
It is the complete package; women can track their health, menstruation cycle, making this smartwatch best suited for women. Apart from having the usual features of a fitness tracking device, it has the Fitbit Ionic Adidas version if you are partial to a two-color watch.
If you are the type that likes to leave your phone at home when on a workout then this smartwatch has you covered.
- Measure steps, calories burned and distance
- Record the number of steps climbed and has a clock
- Track sleep and the stages of sleep
- Silent alarm system present and ideal for multi-sport tracking
- SmartTrack and movement reminders
- Can be used to track swimming making it water-resistant
- It cannot be connected to an external GPS
- The interface is slow
- Has a lack of apps
- It is relatively expensive
Fitbit For Women FAQs
1. What is the best way to use this product?
The ideal way to use this product is by first determining what it is to be used for. If you have a bit of difficulty dragging yourself out of bed every morning, then a Fitbit equipped with an alarm and reminder is best for you. If you lack the motivation to incorporate fitness into your lifestyle, then, this will surely be handy.
It can do wonders for the female health through its period monitoring and tracking of the pulse. If you one who loves the outdoor and water especially, then you should get the waterproof type of the Fitbit application. The best way to use it is to understand the type and uniqueness of each, which will be highlighted below.
2. Addressing controversies on the product
The fact that the best Fitbit for women can detect things like location and personal details has caused raised eyebrows. But this does not remove from the fact that they are ideal for reaching personal fitness goals. The supposed privacy intrusion pales beside the many benefits that can be gotten from it.
You are probably wondering which of the Fitbit is ideal for you. After considering important factors like the battery life, the fitness features, and the one that incorporates women health and most importantly, your budget.
There is no such thing as one size fits all; there will definitely be one that would suit your needs perfectly.
Read more: How Long Does It Take To Charge a Fitbit?