Daily steps taken, heart rate and calorie consumption – with a fitness tracker no problem: Many people are interested in knowing how active and healthy they are. Fortunately, the industry has long recognized the need and demand for fitness trackers.
However, the price range of these devices has soared up to several hundred euros. But is a fitness bracelet really only good when it is expensive? Fortunately, for those looking for a fitness bracelet, there are models available in different price ranges and for almost every need.
Here, we will be providing you the best cheap fitness trackers that can compete or even be better than the expensive ones.
How to Choose the Best Cheap Fitness Tracker in 2021
The prices of fitness bracelets, ranges from below 50 dollars for the cheap fitness trackers to fitness watches over 200 dollar. If you want to purchase a fitness tracker, it’s important you pay attention to the price-performance ratio in any case and also consider the features you attach more importance to.
When buying a fitness bracelet, look for the healthy middle ground, so to speak, to acquire a good activity tracker at a good price.
The functionalities of fitness trackers recreational athletes usually have very different requirements on the fitness bracelet than the fitness freaks, for example. Suppose you’re someone who visits the gym or jog on a daily basis and you wants to see and evaluate speed, daily walking steps, calories consumed, and much more.
That means, the connection of the fitness bracelet to the smartphone or the computer is a must so as to reach your goals. However, in case you’re optimistic whether the fitness tracker will motivate you to achieve your desired aim, that is, to an increased sporting activity, then buying a cheap entry-level model, which has the usual features will be a good decision.
If you later realize the fitness bracelet has led to the success and now can not quite meet your needs any longer, you can still opt for a more expensive fitness watch. The features of a fitness bracelet are as follows:
- Heart rate monitor
- Blood pressure monitor
- Sleep Monitor
- Calorie consumption display
- Distance meter
- Alarm function
- Vibration alarm
- Motor memory
1. Design And Display
When you buy a fitness bracelet, the design also plays a role for many in addition to the functionalities. Colorful 3D display or a simple display with a LED or rather a fitness watch, where you can exchange the bracelets.
Especially the current manufacturers like Moov, Garmin offer the opportunity to the simple silicone band with decorative ribbons to replace. If you want lots of information directly on the display of the Fitness tracker, you need a correspondingly large and clear display.
If the too cumbersome synchronization takes too long, you should buy a fitness bracelet with a large display. The operation of the display is on almost all devices via Touchscreen.
The wearing comfort of fitness bracelet fitness bracelets should generally be comfortable to wear. They should not disturb and therefore be of low weight. Fitness trackers with a soft, flexible plastic or silicone strap are the most popular variants. Too hard tapes can cause pressure points, especially at night, when you use the fitness watch around the clock.
3. Battery life
The battery life As already written, many functions of the fitness bracelet can reduce the battery life. In general, a battery charge lasts between 5 and 7 days, while the charging time is usually just one hour.
4. Compatibility with your smartphone
When buying the fitness bracelet, make sure it fits your smartphone, meaning that the data can be synchronized. Many models are suitable for both IOS and Android devices. Some manufacturers have their own apps that can be used to set daily goals or activities.
In some cases, it may make sense to download the app in advance to check the functionality. When connecting to the smartphone, many fitness trackers offer the option of receiving a message or a call by vibrating the watch. Also, the control of music titles or the camera is possible in conjunction with the smartphone and the activity tracker.
5. The waterproofness of the fitness bracelet
You know your preferences and interest in terms of sport. If you like to swim or dive, you should make sure that it is waterproof when you buy a fitness watch. As a rule, small splashes of water or the daily shower of the fitness watch do not bother, but when it comes to diving into certain depths, the water tightness of the fitness watch should definitely be in place.
Top 10 Best Cheap Fitness Tracker in 2021 Reviews
|1. L8star Fitness Tracker||Best for Watersport Activities||4.8|
|2. Runme fitness tracker||Best for Taking Selfie while Exercising||4.8|
|3. SKYGRAND Fitness Tracker||Best for Tracking Activity All Day||4.7|
|4. ANSGEC Fitness Tracker||Best for Elegant Look||4.6|
|5. Willful Fitness Tracker||Best Long-term Fitness Goal||4.6|
|6. YAMAY Fitness Tracker||Best for Heart Rate Monitoring||4.7|
|7. Lintelek Fitness Tracker||Best for Stay at Home People||4.5|
|8. Garmin vívofit 4 activity tracker||Best for Night Usage||4.3|
|9. Garmin vívosport||Best for Beginners||4.5|
|10. Moov 3D fitness tracker & Real audio coach||Best for Go-getters||4.7|
1. L8star Fitness Tracker – Best for Watersport Activities
Built to monitor your fitness level, L8star is an impressive fitness tracker that’ll continuously monitor your daily movement activity including heat rate, and also track your sleep patterns accurately. The incredible fitness tracker is water resistant, which give you the freedom of visiting the swimming pool or beach.
It delivers instant WhatsApp and messages notifications, plus promptly calculates your blood pressure and step counts, all accurately! This super comfortable fitness tracker is made of a soft rubber band that keeps it from spinning around your hand and also doesn’t feel sticky.
With this fitness tracker you don’t need worrying of getting wet while wearing the tracker, thanks to its water-resistant ability. Also, this brand has three different bracelet colors that will easily match with your outfit depending on your mood or choice of clothes.
- It has a super lightweight that can barely be noticed
- Soft and comfortable
- Colorful and bright screen
- Great battery life
- Waterproof and easy to operate
- Bright and clearly visible during daylight
- Application is easy to download and set up
- Extremely well built
- Light colored bands easy gets dirty and are difficult to clean
- Unable to customize
2. Runme fitness tracker – Best for Taking Selfie while Exercising
Built for daily reference, Runme fitness tracker will accurately track your daily activities such as step count, sleep tracking (by showing you a graph of amount of light sleeper to deep sleep you had as well as overall).
It features weather app to update you on the latest weather condition, morning alarm (highly useful for a quiet wakeup), music player to keep you entertained during a workout, clock, picture taker (in case you want to take your picture during workouts).
It has a stylish design and won’t bother you by clashing with your outfit. Its lightweight feature won’t make you feel that you’re wearing it. Also, the watch will easily turn itself on whenever you want to have a look at it by raising your wrist up, which saves you from the stress of having to press button.
It’s ability to read messages when connected to your phone is really helpful because you won’t have to pull out your phone every time. This classic fitness tracker is easy to set up with the app. Its band is add just able to any wrist size and remain firm to your hand. Its water resistant ability allows you to leave it on while washing dishes.
- Easy to set up and comfortable to wear
- Easily connect to phone and provide accurate reading
- Great customer support
- Great interface and easy to operate
- Lightweight and well designed
- Made of soft and nice feeling material
- Water resistant with durable battery
- Can only connect to one phone at a time
3. SKYGRAND Fitness Tracker – Best for Tracking Activity All Day
A fitness tracker to track your activities all day, Skygrand has a robust design and does basic readings of sleep patterns, pulse monitoring, steps, blood pressure and physical activity. It will give you accurate reading, provide you with comfort and a durable battery life.
This amazing fitness band is water resistant and can be worn in the shower or while swimming. With its lightweight, you’ll be able to wear it and move around comfortably plus it won’t feel bulky on you when sleeping. Its aesthetic design gives you an elegant look, and it is easy to read in the sunlight.
This fitness tracker is GPS compatible by showing your current location plus it will easily connect to your phone and notifies you of incoming calls and messages.
- It’s GPS compatible
- Light in weight and accurate
- Sleep tracker
- Notify you of incoming calls and messages
- Water resistant
- High quality and excellent design
- Easy to read in sunlight
- Immediately monitor your blood pressure and heart rate on the go
- Majority of the instructions are not in perfect English
- Inability to change the color of the time
4. ANSGEC Fitness Tracker – Best for Elegant Look
A fitness band to track your activities all day, ANSGEC Fitness Tracker is built to accurately record your everyday activities like the amount of calories consumed, steps count, and distance walked during the day.
This 24/7 fitness activity tracker will continuously monitor your blood oxygen and pressure, heart rate, sleeping pattern, etc. to help you know the state of your health. With this powerful fitness tracker, rest assured that you won’t miss out on important calls, SMS and social media notifications.
This smart fitness band is both dust proof and water resistant and also the band is washable if it gets dirty.
- Super lightweight and very warm
- This fitness tracker band is easy to put on, fit perfectly and comfortable to operate
- Super cute and easy to set up
- Well designed and durable
- Not ideal for the smaller wrist
5. Willful Fitness Tracker – Best Long-term Fitness Goal
Built to keep you healthy and active over the coming years, Willful Fitness tracker is a must have due the features and quality that it offers. This Fitness tracker will motivate you to move around and keep you active.
This is as a result of its ability to record your heart rate, calorie burned, steps count, distance walked, your pace, sleeping pattern and total time spent on these activities. All of these can easily be achieved with just a single click on this awesome gadget!
With the fitness tracker band, you’ll enjoy more fun features immediately you download the app and connect it to your phone, such as using to receive your incoming calls, check SMS notifications as well as a remote to take a selfie.
Its stylish dual-color bands will flawlessly match any outfit you chose to wear. You can visit the beach knowing that this it’s water resistant plus it’s travel friendly thanks to its built-in USB charge that won’t require you to bring cables with you when traveling. What impressed me most is the long-lasting battery that doesn’t take long to get it fully charge and could last up to at least a week.
- Accurately measures heart rate and step count
- Stylish design and comfortable to wear
- Durable battery life
- Lightweight and instantly connect to phone
- Settings cannot be customized
- Not ideal for the smaller wrist
6. YAMAY Fitness Tracker – Best for Heart Rate Monitoring
Designed for effective heart rate monitoring, YAMAY Fitness Tracker features the latest HR sensor to efficiently monitor your heart rate to ensure you’re in good health. This fitness band will continuously and effectively track your daily steps while also providing you with the average and real-time statistics.
It is easy to set up with a phone and allows you to receive and read incoming calls and texts. Most importantly, it is lightweight with a long-lasting battery life.
YAMAY fitness tracker features color touch screen that’s awesome with capacitive touch area located at the bottom for easy scrolling through the screen. Its water proof ability allows you take it into the shower including when doing the dishes.
- Slim design with a stylish look
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Easy to operate with a phenomenal battery life
- Come with an instruction manual that’s easy to set up
- Good customer service
- Well constructed with a stylish design
- Need to scroll over to the heart rate display
7. Lintelek Fitness Tracker – Best for Stay at Home People
This fitness tracker band was designed to keep track of your health especially those who work from home and haven’t been engaging in exercises. It will immediately notify you of incoming alert, such as phone calls, text messages and social media update plus it will fits perfectly to your wrist with a stylish look.
This activity tracker is a life saver because it keeps watch over your heart rate, daily steps taken, sleep quality, etc. and you can easily check it to see the amount of step you’ve taken that day. It’s slender and lightweight that you’ll hardly remember its on your wrist.
- Serve as a watch and give you classic look
- The accompanying app is easy to set up, operate and has nice features
- Durable and secure
- Water resistant
- Soft, comfortable and sweat proof
- Can be rotated from horizontal to vertical reading
- Lightweight and comfy
- Come with a multi language instruction manual and warranty
- Screen light is not bright enough for effective outdoors usage
8. Garmin vívofit 4 activity tracker – Best for Night Usage
Built to give you freedom while in motion without needing to recharge, Garmin vivofit 4 has a stylish design that gives you a classic look, and a single button that makes it easy to access all the menus thanks to its combinations of short and long presses.
It is clearly visible both in the dark and during daylight plus it features a watch type buckle strap, that secures it firmly to your wrist.
On the app, you have the freedom to program a variety of settings you wish to show up on the device, like your choice of display, setting the basic parameters that’ll aid your fitness goals including sleep time frame habits, turning alert on and off, tracking of weight, and a BMI readout of your current weight and height.
You’ll have no trouble with setting up or syncing the device with your phone. Also, you’ll not be worrying about the regular charging of the finest bracelet, thanks to its replaceable battery that’ll last for a year. It simple and light in weight with a navigable app.
- Flawless connectivity
- Silicone bands are easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Screen instantly light up with a single touch of the button
- Screen is hard to read without the backlight
- Can only sync directly with phones, not computer
9. Garmin vívosport – Best for Beginners
Garmin vívosport fitness tracker has been a go to choice for those looking to get started in exercising. This fitness bracelet will monitor your heart rates, review your stats, track and save your runs in the Garmin Connect account, while also setting your fitness goals and reminders.
You’ll also receive notifications from your phone on this versatile fitness bracelet. The vivosport features a very readable screen that you’ll easily scroll or tap on. The screen becomes clearer in sunlight, so you won’t have any issues operating the screen outdoors.
Also, you can customize the run or walk times, so it vibrates to indicate walk/run times. It is relatively comfortable while wearing it and waterproof with a stupendous Battery life. Its features a GPS that has proved to be useful and accurate that you can imagine.
- Nice design with an easy to read interface
- It is waterproof and comfortable to wear
- Durable battery life
- Easy to read whiles outdoors
- Easy to set up and operate
- Accurate GPS in measuring distance
- Don’t display the current GPS altitude
- GPS easily drains the battery when on
- GPS doesn’t connect with a phone easily
- Inadequate instruction manual
10. Moov 3D fitness tracker & Real audio coach – Best for Go-getters
Moov 3D fitness tracker is designed to motivate and ensure you reach your fitness goals. This fitness bracelet will track your activity levels throughout the day and also features goals, levels and medals to make it achievable.
It features two straps, small and large that will fit well comfortably on your wrist irrespective of your frame. Its app will provide you with enough data to keep you interested by recording your basic activity level throughout the day.
Most importantly, Moov does an excellent job at tracking and promoting your progress in fitness training than others but it doesn’t provide immediate data unless it syncs to your phone. This tracker is very attentive to your personal achievement more than giving out data constantly.
- Fantastic and light fitness device in weight and can only be seen or noticed when wearing it.
- Super easy to setup within few minutes
- Great fitness motivator thanks to the stats it provides as it will push you to go farther.
- It accurately tracks calories, walking and swimming time, types and number of laps plus the information and tips to improve efficiency.
- Immediately provide fitness stats and you can easily upload them to the phone app before.
- No hassling or worrying about connecting it to a computer.
- Fantastic battery life as you’ll continually use it without having to worry about the charge getting low.
- Easily track your activity throughout the day
- Accurately tracks sleep when you wear it overnight
- No face to get the time or steps throughout the day
- Constantly syncing the device to your phone will drain the phone battery.
- Wearing it with gloves might be uncomfortable on your wrist
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the fitness watch have to be worn on the wrist?
Although it is referred to as a fitness bracelet – the fitness bracelet does not necessarily have to be worn on the wrist. Devices without heart rate monitor can be stowed, for example, in the pocket or the jacket pocket.
However, if you want to monitor the pulse with the fitness bracelet, you must wear the fitness watch on your wrist.
- How are the calories consumed calculated?
The consumption of calories read on the fitness watch is a real motivation for many. The calorie consumption shown on the fitness watch results from averages and the calorie consumption calculations based on them.
To calculate the basal metabolic rate of each individual who wears a fitness wristband, information about height, weight, gender and age is required.
Fitness tracker also known as Physical activity wristband are built to keep track of the calories burned to improve sports performance and the time spent. Due to the large brand of fitness trackers available in the market, it’s sometimes difficult to make the right choice when choosing one.
That’s why we’ve provided you with a sincere and unbiased review of the best activity trackers, discussed above and hopefully this helps in making a choice!