A portable or wireless radio that doubles up as an alarm clock may be an anachronism nowadays, particularly when smartphones sport these features. Today, the majority of smartphones, even the most basic ones, feature an FM radio and a clock with alarm functionality. Nevertheless, an alarm clock with a radio or radio with a built-in alarm clock still fascinates many individuals for good reasons.
Firstly, the topnotch alarm clocks tend to be more versatile than smartphones’ clocks as the former will always go off. The clock in your cell phone will not sound the alarm if the battery is dysfunctional or there’s insufficient power. Also, you may not like a disconcerting alarm to wake up you up first thing in the morning.
You can set your favorite FM or AM radio station as the alarm when a sonorous tune awakens you. An alarm clock radio comes in handy, especially when you need to get up early in the morning. On the other hand, you can mentally prepare yourself for a brand new day while you enjoy songs on the radio.
In this blog, we’ll give you the lowdown on the top ten best alarm clocks with radio, complete with their benefits and drawbacks. But before that, we’ll delve into factors to keep in mind while choosing a product that is appropriate for you. At the same time, we’ll explore some of the most noticeable benefits of owning a high-quality alarm clock radio.
How to Choose the Best Alarm Clock With Radio
You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting an alarm clock radio as per your preference and needs. The sheer variety of products available both offline and online can bewilder you, making the selection task quite confusing.
You’ll have a hard time zeroing in on a product that caters to your taste as you’ll come across near innumerable brands with varying features.
Nevertheless, you’ll be able to save a lot of time and energy (in picking up the right product) when you know what you want. Make a list of 5-6 of the best alarm clocks with radio and compare them based on the following aspects:-
No matter whichever brand you choose, it should carry out the basic functions efficiently. In other words, the alarm clock, as well as the radio, should operate perfectly at all times. Additionally, if the product offers compatibility with iPod or has embedded CD player, it will have superior audio quality.
On the other hand, if you wish to listen to the entire range of musical instruments, you should choose a product with sizable stereophonic speakers. The alarm functionality comes with preset tones for tuning into music from a CD player or a radio channel. You’ll find products that allow you to set more than one alarm at one go.
This functionality comes in handy for families whose members need to waken at specific times on any given day. The feature also serves you well if you’ve to set the alarm at different timings on weekdays. Some models allow you to program the alarm in a manner that it does not go off on public holidays and weekends.
2. Add-on features
Apart from sporting the basic features mentioned above, most of the models come equipped with a range of add-on extras. For instance, many products sound out the alarm in a way where the volume increases gradually up to an extent. Then again, some models have memory setting functionality which lets you to preset specific knobs for different radio stations.
Nearly all state-of-the-art-models offer battery backup, ensuring that the alarm will go off at preset times in the event of a power failure.
3. Good design
Modern-day alarm clock radios are designed keeping ergonomics and aesthetics in mind. You’ll be able to choose from an array of stylish models that can accentuate the décor of your bedroom. Aesthetics apart, the product design serves practical needs as well.
For instance, the models come with a prominent display, enabling you to distinguish the time clearly from a good distance. The products also let you adjust the brightness and make the display go dim when you switch off the lights.
4. Alarm Clock Radio Benefits
Keeps you punctual
There’s no gainsaying the significance of punctuality in the present times. You cannot afford to reach office late or miss an appointment because of your tardiness. And alarm clocks make sure that you get up at the right time every day, letting you stick to your schedule.
The radio keeps you updated
The alarm clock allows you to awaken to your choice radio station, get news and weather updates, and so on.
You can bet that your alarm clock will go off exactly at your preset time even if there’s an outage. Nearly all alarm clocks have battery support.
Helps in maintaining a consistent sleep schedule
Though your circadian clock (internal biological clock) may come to your rescue when you need to get up early, it could go haywire if you don’t maintain a sleep routine. An alarm clock could help restore and uphold your normal sleep cycle.
Top 10 Best Alarm Clocks with Radio 2019 Reviews
|1. ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio||Double USB Charging Ports||4.5|
|2. SOSECCE Digital Alarm Clock Radio, LED Display||Great & Handy Features||4.9|
|3. Jingsense Digital Alarm Clock Radio||Affordable & Smart||4.6|
|4. Heimvision Sunrise Alarm Clock||Colored Sunrise Simulation||4.6|
|5. Horologue Digital Alarm Clock Radio||Powerful battery backup||5.0|
|6. DreamSky Mini Alarm Clock and Earphone||Compact Size & Includes Lock Button||4.2|
|7. WOODMUSIC Alarm Clock Radio||Elegant Clock Radio With Large Blue Led Digital Display||4.7|
|8. DreamSky Digital Alarm Clock||Large Display Alarm Clock Radio||3.9|
|9. Dorzu Digital Alarm Clock Radio||Easy to Read White Digital Display||5.0|
|10. Zivron Alarm Clocks for Bedroom||Multipurpose Design Playing 3 Roles||4.5|
1. ANJANK Small Alarm Clock Radio – Double USB Charging Ports
The Small Alarm Clock Radio from ANJANK comes loaded with a host of versatile features that makes the product performance-oriented. The radio sleep functionality allows you to get news updates and tune in to your chosen songs and music. Apart from automatic scanning, you can also manually scan up to 60 radio channels.
You can set the alarm to seven different tunes, one for every day of the week. And yes, the volume will gradually rise till it reaches a crescendo. Also, make the most of the dual USB charging ports and dual alarms. You can easily read the prominent white numbers on the large display panel.
The 5-level dimmer lets you set the brightness at 100% as well as gradually make it fainter till it becomes dark. The compactness of this ANJANK alarm clock radio makes it perfect for positioning it on the nightstand, office desk, and bedside table.
- Battery support: Alarm goes off even if there’s no electric power
- Pressing snooze button lets, you sleep for a few extra minutes
- Dual alarms let you choose two different time settings
- Dual USB charging ports for charging your PDAs
- Seven distinct alarm tunes with ascending volume, including your choice radio station
- Large display with prominent readings
- FM radio (frequency range 87.5-108Mhz) with built-in sleep timer
- Pack includes an alarm clock with LCD, USB adaptor, USB cable, and user manual
- The dimness levels could be more bright than usual for many users
- The battery will activate the alarm but doesn’t operate the clock
- Many users have reported that the alarm buttons are a bit small
2. SOSECCE Digital Alarm Clock Radio, LED Display – Great & Handy Features
The SOSECCE Digital Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio blends aesthetics with functionality perfectly. This sleek alarm clock boosts the décor of your bedroom, and its compact size means it takes up minimal space. The alarm set button lets you select your favorite radio station or the buzzer for sounding out the alarm.
The built-in alarm clock in the AM/FM radio comes with a sleep timer having 10-90 minutes setting interval. You can search for different FM/AM station manually or use auto-search. Heavy sleepers can take advantage of the gradually increasing alarm volume. Hitting the snooze button allows you to cuddle up in your bed for an extra nine minutes.
- Tune in to FM channels (87.5-108MHz) and AM channels (520-1720KHz)
- Except reception to be clear and stable
- You can see all the readings and displays on the digital screen
- Snooze feature lets you doze for another 9 minutes
- Pressing the alarm on/off knob automatically sets the alarm for the day after at the same time
- Press the snooze button for setting the sleep timer
- Dual brightness adjustment levels
- Battery backup in the event of an outage
- Dual alarm feature
- The display is somewhat small: Many users may have to strain their eyes to see the readings in darkness
- Many users will feel the need for more brightness adjustment levels
3. Jingsense Digital Alarm Clock Radio – Affordable & Smart
The Digital Alarm Clock Radio with AM/FM Radio by Jingsense comes stacked with a range of useful features. For a start, you can set your alarm to the clock buzzer or your preferred AM/FM station. Press the snooze button to set the sleep timer for dozing off while enjoying your favorite song or music.
The LED screen displays numbers in red color. You need to slot in two AAA batteries for powering up backup. You can search for radio stations either automatically or manually. It also allows to set the sleep timer in intervals of 10 minutes for a maximum of one and a half hour.
You can increase or decrease the brightness of the 0.6” display as per your convenience using the dimmer function. The Jingsense digital alarm clock radio weighs only 13.4 ounces and has dimensions of 4.5 x 3.5 x 1.8 inches. Hence, this alarm clock is very portable and requires minimal space to install.
- One of the most compact and lightweight alarm clocks: Easy to handle
- You can set the alarm to buzzer mode or your preferred radio channel
- Adjustable brightness of the LED display
- The display shows numbers and figures in bright red color
- FM/AM radio has a built-in sleep timer with a preset duration varying from 10 to 90 minutes
- Gradually escalating alarm volume: Will wake up even those who sleep very deeply
- Pressing snooze button lets you sleep for 9 minutes more
- Visibility might be an issue in total darkness as the display is small
- The average sound quality of radio
4. Heimvision Sunrise Alarm Clock – Colored Sunrise Simulation
If you’re looking for a premium alarm clock with radio, then look no further than the Heimvision Sunrise Alarm Clock. This alarm clock boasts of an array of practical features that’ll let you plan your working day as you want. For a start, the A8OS alarm clock displays numbers in calming red light, causing minimal strain on your eyes.
You wake up listening to eight different melodious tunes, including Piano, Hawaii Wave, Birdsong, and so on. At the same time, you can set the alarm volume at twenty distinct levels. You can also adjust the display’s brightness or dimness at 20 different degrees.
The quadruple alarm feature allows you to preset the alarm at four different times on four successive days.
- The volume of tunes and display brightness adjustable at twenty different levels
- Becalming red tinted illumination does not make your eyes groggy after you wake up
- Quadruple alarm for four alarm settings at one go
- Pressing the large snooze button on the top lets, you catch forty-winks for an extra 15 minutes
- Good for using as a night lamp
- You can program the display to replicate the natural illumination during sunrise
- Program the alarm to go off sounding out your preset tune or set it to your choice radio station
- Users will feel the absence of a button or clip for PM or AM
5. Horologue Digital Alarm Clock Radio – Powerful battery backup
The Digital Alarm Clock with FM Radio and dual USB charging ports wakes you up to buzzer sounds or your desired radio station. That the alarm sounds gradually go from low to medium to high to peak comes as a blessing for those who sleep tight. You can hit the snooze button for sleeping an extra 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Program the sleep timer in the built-in FM Radio in a range of 10-90 minutes for automatically turning off the radio. Track the FM radio station you’re looking for in the frequency bandwidth range of 87.5 to 108MHz. Dual USB receptacles let you connect your smartphone or tab for charging.
- Prominent LED display lets you view everything from anywhere in your bedroom
- Dual brightness adjustment levels
- Long power cable (1.5M) offers you wide leeway in positioning the device at a convenient place
- Dual USB charging ports for charging cell phones, tabs, Kindle, and the like
- Press the snooze button for sleeping extra up to 1 hour
- Digital tuner for selecting and presetting FM radio stations
- The backup battery only keeps time and alarm setting during an outage but does not run the clock
- The audio quality of radio not up to the mark
DreamSky happens to be one of the few companies offering earphones with its alarm clock with a mini portable radio. This alarm clock doubles up as a pocket FM radio that entertains while you’re jogging, walking, cycling or touring. The broad LCD allows you to see alarm time and normal time, and FM station with crystal clear clarity.
Pressing any of the knobs will lit up the backlight for five seconds. The compact size of the device means you can easily pack it in your suitcase or backpack or slide it in your trouser pocket. The alarm notification sound will increase gradually and turn off on its own after 120 seconds.
- Battery operable: Two AAA batteries supplied with the pack
- Indication for the low battery: Battery power indicator alerts you when battery charge goes below 25%
- Automatically soaring alarm volume
- The alarm turns off on its own after two minutes
- Neck strap facilitates wearing the radio around your neck
- Lock functionality prevents the device from operating accidentally
- Compact size and lightness allows you to carry the alarm clock easily
- Pressing any knob activates the backlight
- Broad LCD screen facilitates a clear view
- Many users have said that the retractable earbuds were vulnerable to knotting or tangling
- The lanyard may not be as durable as the manufacturer claims it is
7. WOODMUSIC Alarm Clock Radio – Elegant Clock Radio With Large Blue Led Digital Display
The WOODMUSIC Alarm Clock with Digital FM Radio, USB Charging Port and LED Display looks gorgeous and performs beyond expectations. The gadget comes with an inbuilt FM Radio with sleep timer amenable for setting within a 10-90 minutes timeframe. You can look for all FM channels in a frequency range spectrum of 87.5 to 108MHz.
You can program the alarm to sound out buzzes or set it to activate your preferred radio station. For setting the alarm, you need to select the timing and press the alarm button. The intensity of the alarm sounds up from low to high to a crescendo.
Heavy sleepers will find this feature very helpful. Two built-in USB ports allow you to charge your smartphone and tab at the same time. The 1.2” LED screen comes in handy when you need to see the time, alarm time, and other readings in darkness.
- Backup battery memorizes the time and alarm time: You don’t need to reset the two with the restoration of power supply
- LED alarm clock with two dimming levels
- 5m long power cable permits you to set up the alarm clock on the bedside table, bookshelf, and other convenient locations at home or office
- Dual USB charging ports
- FM radio with digital tuner
- The display does not function in the event of a power failure
- Display brightness does not dim considerably which many users may find uncomfortable
8. DreamSky Digital Alarm Clock – Large Display Alarm Clock Radio
This DreamSky Digital Alarm Clock sports an unusually large display that very few other brands can match. LED lights 1.8” inches in size flicker across an exceptionally large screen, making sure that you’re able to see the time even in pitch darkness. A flexible digital tuner lets you comfortably tune in radio stations.
The built-in amplifier allows you to listen to weather forecasts or news updates. You can use the 3.5mm earphone jack if you wish to enjoy music in privacy. Sleep for an additional nine minutes after the alarm goes off. You can deactivate the alarm simply by pressing the on/off button.
The sleep timer automatically switches off the radio within 10 minutes or in multiples of 10 up to a maximum of 120 minutes. So you can doze off listening to your choice radio station without having to worry about switching off the radio.
The in-built charging port comes to your aid when you need to charge your smartphone or iPad or any other smart device.
- 8” long numbers flash across an 8” wide display: You can see the time with a simple glance
- Dimmer feature adjusts the screen’s brightness by daytime or nighttime
- Comfortable tuning of FM radio stations
- Top quality audio reception
- Radio volume adjustable from levels 1-16
- Generic 3.5mm earphone jack for enjoying music in privation
- Programmable alarm: Presetting to buzzer or radio
- Some customers reported that they experienced difficulty in locating the snooze button
- Many users will feel the absence of a dimming mechanism
9. Dorzu Digital Alarm Clock Radio – Easy to Read White Digital Display
If you don’t feel like getting up on your own in the morning, leave it on the Dorzu Alarm with Digital AM/FM radio. You can either let the radio awaken you or let the alarm tunes do the job. The white LED screen displays time, alarm time, and everything else prominently enough for you to see easily from anywhere in your bedroom.
You can tune in up to 20 FM radio stations and set the volume at 15 different levels. You also make the most of automatic backup of stations. Gradually rising alarm sounds with snooze functionality, which lets you remain shuteye for nine extra minutes.
- LED digital display with bright white numbers
- Inbuilt FM/AM radio that automatically scans stations, manual searching also possible
- Dimmer helps adjust brightness in consonance with the time of the day or night
- Slowly escalating alarm sound
- Alternative power support (battery backup)
- No display or alarm sound when running on battery
10. Zivron Alarm Clocks for Bedroom – Multipurpose Design Playing 3 Roles
The Bedroom Alarm Clock with FM Radio from Zivron not only looks stunning but also performs over and above your expectations. The device’s innovative design allows it to function effectively as an FM radio, Bluetooth speaker, and a digital alarm clock. The device’s lightweight and compact design makes it eminently portable.
Dual USB receptacles facilitate charging two digital devices at the same time. Digital tuning helps in tuning in your preferred stations without sacrificing the quality of reception. The radio exploits 4.2 Bluetooth Technology for reproducing uber Hi-fi audio.
- Dual alarm clock
- Dual USB ports
- Intuitive LED display
- USB Flash slot-in for playing music
- Bluetooth speaker
- Thermometer displays temperature
- Snooze function
- TF card play
- 12H/24H switch
- Brightness adjustable at three levels
- Aux input
- Sleep mode
- FM radio
- The screen goes blank, and the alarm does not work when running on battery
So, there you’ve it-the top ten best alarm clocks with radio. Every brand we reviewed, starting from DreamSky to Hemvision to ANAJNK, fulfilled the basic parameters of a modern-day alarm clock. Almost all the brands came equipped with functional features like modifiable alarm volume, snooze, sleep timer, and so on.
On the other hand, the digital radio in the models featured digital tuner, high quality reception, and the like. Some of the topnotch brands that we recommend are DreamSky, Jingsense, ANJANA, Zivron, and Hemvision.