Samsung has officially announced that the delayed Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, will finally see its retail release this Sunday, May 13th. The new Tab will retail for $399.99 and sport damn near the same specs as the previous Galaxy 10.1, complete with 16GB of storage. While a lower price and the addition of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) are more appealing, we’re confused on why this tablet was delayed and to be honest, even released. Other than the addition of Android 4.0 and a very slight redesign, the device practically the same. If perhaps Samsung had improved the processor or display resolution, we could understand releasing a successor, but for those customers who own the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 (myself included), they may feel slighted that their device has yet to be updated.
Regardless, for customers looking for a new Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, at $399 is definitely one to keep on your radar.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2™ 10.1 and 4.2 Galaxy Player™ to be available for purchase nationwide this weekend
Samsung Electronics America Inc., today announces that its newest additions to the Galaxy Family, Galaxy Tab 2™ 10.1 and Galaxy Player™ 4.2, will be available for purchase nationwide beginning Sunday, May 13.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will be available for $399.99 SRP, and the Player 4.2 will sell for $199.99 SRP. These complement the already available Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Galaxy Player 3.6.
Retailers carrying the devices include Amazon, Best Buy, hhgregg, Tiger Direct, WalMart, Office Depot and others. (Not all models available from all retailers).
For additional retail outlet availability, visit http://www.samsung.com
Key highlights include
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Control, Watch and Share Your TV Content
· The perfect TV companion, use your Tab as a universal remote, multitask on the web while watching and wirelessly stream the live feed from your TV to your Tab.
Your Movies, Videos and Games Will Come Alive
· Everything’s more exciting on a bigger screen. Browse the web, explore over 450,000 apps from Google Play and Samsung Apps, and access thousands of TV shows and movies via WiFi.
Built to Power Your Entertainment
· A big 10.1″ entertainment machine The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, a dual-core processor with a microSD™ card slot and more.
Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2
Listen to your favorite music on the go
· Get instant access to your music with WiFi; as simple as drag and play.
Personalize your player. So many options to make it your own
· Discover a large collection of apps to customize your player.
One single device for all your entertainment needs
· The Galaxy Player 4.2 includes premium EA games. Experience seamless multimedia playback and much more!