If for some odd reason you’re still an owner of Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi) we have some good news, it appears as though Motorola has begun to send out the soak test for the android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update. If you’re of the inpatient variety, you can manually install the update yourself by grabbing the file from Google’s website, here. If you require instructions on how to update your device using this method, simply follow these steps:
Soak Test Install Instructions:
* Instructions require a USB host cable and USB drive/stick.
1. Download the soak test file from Google and drop it on a USB thumb drive.
2. Power off your Motorola Xoom
3. When you power it back on, continue tapping on the Volume Down button at the red M logo until it says:
–> Android Recovery
4. Tap Volume Up to enter recovery mode.
5. At the green Android logo, press the power and volume up buttons.
6. Plug the USB drive into the USB host cable and then connect it to your Motorola XOOM.
7. Scroll down to “apply update from USB drive” and select it with the power button.
8. Scroll down to the .zip update file and use power to select it.
9. Your XOOM will now update.