Interested in sharing your opinions with the tech world and need an outlet? Then Tech Hog could use you!
Tech Hog reports on the mobile tech industry. We are a dedicated team who love to bring the newest stories, reviews and editorials to the world. We reach thousands of people and hundreds of countries each day. We need people who are just as dedicated as we are and are looking to give detailed opinions every day.
There are a few things that we ask of you if you are truly interested in helping us:
- Time – We understand that people have lives and families, so we’ll be flexible. We just need the same in return.
- Great grammar skills, but also a unique voice.
- Team skills – the ability to work with us and also be able to take criticism
- and a most importantly a passion for technology and mobile devices!
Since we aren’t paying you, yet, we thought we’d highlight a few benefits you’ll get here at TechHog!
- Email Account: We’ll set you up with a @techhog.com email address
- Publicity – Contributing to TechHog will get your work, words and opinions in front of the eyes of thousands of people and be blasted over twitter, facebook, digg and more.
- Discounts on TechHog swag, that’s right, as we expand our shirt line you’ll get our shirts for cost.
- Free stuff, every now and again we get gear, beta invites and more that we’ll give our staff for free.
As business expands and we grow as a team and more money begins to come in we’ll try to compensate you when ever we can.
Current Positions Needed:
Daily News Contributor:
This position is very critical and we need someone who is reliable and consistently searching the net for news, rumors and leaked information so that we can bring the most current cutting edge news to the site. There are no “hours” for this position as news happens all the time. If you are able to post throughout the day, that is what we need. You need to have strong grammar skills and proof read you work, you also need some passion for this industry. We’ll need some examples of your writing skills, so when you apply please let us know if you have any and if you are selected we will contact you for those at that time. We understand that most people have a “loyalty” to a brand but we ask that you been as unbiased as possible, so please keep an open mind to all companies.
If you are interested in the above position please email: general @ techhog.com. Please include some background information on yourself, devices you may own, favorite products, basically giving us an idea of who you are and why you want to write for TechHog.com. Also, please include some examples of your writing ability, if you have a blog currently, links to your work are also acceptable.
*Example work MUST be original and that of the applicant and not from someone else.
**Please note when applying: That you understand that: 1. this is currently an unpaid position and that your contributions to the Tech Hog team is strictly for your desire to contribute to the TechHog.com site. 2. You are not to contribute or conduct yourself in an unprofessional and/or un-friendly manner that might damage the reputation of TechHog.com, if you are not contributing consistently and at the level expected of a contributor, you may be removed from TechHog.com and the team without warning. 3. any contributions you make are the property of TechHog.com and may be used and distributed as seen fit. 4. you may come in possession of private information pertaining to TechHog.com and will not share this information without consent.