After announce three new Kindle e-Readers, Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon said they wanted to make publishing easier. There are a lot of manuscripts that probably haven’t been published and are sitting around because publisher didn’t take the risk. So Amazon wanted to help. They’ve created Kindle Direct Publishing.
Benefits of KDP:
- Authors can publish in hours
- Authors publish for free
- Authors keep their copyrights
- Authors publish on their schedule
- Authors can distribute globally
- Authors receive royalties of 70%
Now people can submit their own books and make money without agents or publishers and still reach amazing sales.